Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Multiple Issues with Spotify on Android

Multiple Issues with Spotify on Android

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android Version 10, One UI Version 2.1

I have used spotify for years without issue but currently I am having many problems that is making the app unusable.

I have tried reinstalling, deleting cache and I am on the latest version of Spotify.

1) The app no longer works  in Android Auto in my Audi A1 at all.  The spotify app is present within Android Auto and the last song i played appears in the currently playing songs. However none of the menu items respond. If i try to move to next song nothing happens. A small white square appears next to the playing track which has never appeared before. (Note that my podcast app and Amazon Music both work correctly in Android Auto so this issue is specific to Spotify)

2) When using the phone to play music, when playing a specific track if i click on the three dots to go to the menu it says "go online to see menu". I have internet connection.

3) When using my phone as a remote to play music on my PC it now takes a very long time to connect (30 seconds) and any button presses take a long time to take affect. For example pressing pause or next track can take up to 10 seconds to respond.

4) When using the phone to play music everything on the home screens takes a very long time to load. i.e. recently played tracks, playlists. All my other apps work fine including Amazon Music so this is not my internet connection.

5) When using the phone to play music, using the view album and view artists is extremely slow (it can take 10 to 15 seconds to come up or sometimes it just hangs).

I have been using Amazon Music on my phone and do not experience any lag or delays so this appears to be specific to Spotify.

1 Reply

Hey there @NecoNex,

We really appreciate you sharing this here in the Community! We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread.

Just to confirm, are you still experiencing this? If so, we’d first recommend trying a clean reinstall following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

Keep in mind that having a lot of content saved in Your Library might result in the app responding more slowly - there's more info on that here.

Let us know how it goes! We’ll be right here if you still need help 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts