Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Radio feature won't change genres

Radio feature won't change genres

OK, I've read several post on shuffling your playlist and such but haven't come across this specfic issue.

I have 700 songs in my Starred folder and when I chose the Radio feature, especially when listening on my Samsung Note it tends to stay stuck on the same Genre and about 10-12 artist 80% of the songs played.

I have a pretty equal starred variety of music from att least a dozen genres, but would say a little heavier classic country and rock but it rarely even plays from those genres I mean RARELY.

I get the same songs always as if I created a station using Jason Mraz. He comes up every 5th song it seems and then Jack johnson, Colbie, Ben Harper (which i despise) and those same artist. 

Why doesn't the radio feature when utilizing your playlist with several genres every switch or shuffle genres often?

Why if you say you dislike artist songs 100 times ie. Ben Harper does spotify not get the message?

If I've said 99 times I don't like a artist then it's safe to assume I probably don't like that artist.
1 Reply

Hey 🙂 

This might be down to the radio algorithms I think.

A member of the web player team posted before that the radio algorithm will only use the first 250 tracks in order to generate content (by added date), so that might be the reason why some of your genres are being ignored. That was for the web player, but I would assume its the same on all platforms. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts