Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Several Issues Regarding the App

Several Issues Regarding the App

Plan

Premium

Country

Pakistan

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I have had these issues for more than a month now, even after 3 updates, clean reinstall, they aren't solved.

1. Whenever i open the app, it automatically opens a random playlist, and a song from that random playlist starts to play.

2. My What's New tab hasn't been working for almost 2 months now, there have been 3 updates and it still shows "Something went wrong try again".

3. And now since 3 days, whenever i open the app, it redirects me to the Spotify premium page on the web browser, asking me to get premium. Even though i am part of a premium plan.

The advisors told me to switch to a newer account and transfer my music there but my current account is already the one I switched to from another account almost 3 months ago, so I want my current account fixed.
I heavily request to anyone seeing this that please fix these issues because I love this app.

3 Replies

Hey @bZ_7,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that you're having multiple issues with the app.

Since this is happening on multiple accounts, the issue might be on the device itself. In this case I'd suggest going into your phone's settings and making sure that Battery Optimization/ Battery Saver is disabled for Spotify and that the app is granted all Permissions. These settings could be hindering the app from writing cache files on your phone, which are essential for the proper function of the app. Something else you can try doing is to take uninstall Spotify, take out your SD card and reinstall the app. Afterwards, check if the app is working properly without the SD card.

If that doesn't change anything, can you try logging in with your account on the phones of one of your friends/ family members and checking if you experience the same issues. This will help us understand if the issue is related to your phone or to the account.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Another person in the plan is experiencing the issue of the Premium Webpage opening up everytime while opening the app.
And after doing what you said, it didn't work for me.

Hi @bZ_7,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you share with us a few short screen recordings which showcase these issues in action? That way we can get a clear understanding of how things look on your end.

Also, are you using Bixby? If yes, try disabling it for a while to see if there's a difference in the app's behavior. Bixby is known to automate certain tasks and that may be the cause here.

Keep us posted!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts