Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Sonos speakers not showing in Spotify

Sonos speakers not showing in Spotify

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmarj

Device

OnePlus 11

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

Hi,

This has not previously been an issue for me but since i switched phone (OnePlus 7 on Android 11 to OnePlus 11 on Android 13) a week ago i have had issues with my Sonos speakers not appearing in my Spotify app.

I can usually fix the issue by reauthorizing my Spotify app in Sonos S2 but this is quite irritating to have to do on a daily basis.

Ive tried most things i can think of. Reconnecting my speakers, power cycles, uninstall and reinstall app...nothing seems to give me a permanent fix.

No network changes has been performed.

Pls help!

63 Replies

I also am on CPH2449_11_A.09 (which is the latest build for NA) and it still does not show up. 

@tronnyjeverton what else has changed in your phone or network setup? Also, what region are you in? 

At this point, I'm guessing it's back to NOT working. 

Depends what hour/day it is. Completely unpredictable.

I can force it to work by setting my Spotify app to connect to Sonos via my
laptop and then it suddenly appears on the phone. I wouldn't call that a
fix though.

Same issue here, also on CPH2449_11_A.09.

It's stopped working altogether for me again.

Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately, i've been unable to get a definitive answer from Oneplus support for when we can expect this to be solved. 

Same problem. Like told...when starting spotify from an other device, it shows up. But not directly from. Opo 11 with Android 13 currently CPH2449_11_A.10

Still remains an open issue for me, such a drag with no sign of a resolution unfortunately.

This was the last update i got from OP support:

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting OnePlus customer service!

We are sorry for any inconvenience you may have experienced regarding Sonos!

What we recommend you to do is to wait for the new Oxygen 13.1 software update to be available, as it is possible that it is a compatibility issue between Sonos and Spotify, which the new update may resolve.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!

Best regards,

Alina Z. from OnePlus Customer Care.

Same problem here. Android 13, lastest build Spotify, latest build OxygenOS. Via Bowers & Wilkins. My wife's OnePlus 9 on the same network works like a charm.

Just installed OxygenOS 13.1 update, which unfortunately does not solve the problem either.

Honestly. How hard can it be to fix this??

Same. And there was me thinking this was going to solve it. Getting so
bored of using the Sonos app to control Spotify - it's horrible

Did you guys try it with other Sonos system on some other network than your home? I have the same problem - OP11 with Oxygen OS 13.1 can't see my Sonos speakers most of the time (while Windows, Android 12 and Android 11 devices on the same network can). Weirdly enough, when I'm visiting my parents, I can see/connect to Sonos speaker at their home every time I try with my OP11 (and honestly I tried many times). It was like that even on previous version of Ox OS 13, I don't see any change after installing the latest version.

Yes, I've tried with my parents and inlaws. Makes no difference to me.
If I restart my phone and immediately enter Spotify I can see and connect
to my Sonos speakers, but if I exit and re enter Spotify the speakers are
gone.

Can't see Sonos on any other systems either. If I connect to Sonos from
laptop sometimes it suddenly starts working on my phone - but patchy at
best.

Oh, okay, thx! I was thinking it might be something within my network still, but I couldn't find anything. Anyway, I reported it to OnePlus few weeks ago too, never got response from them even after few follow-up queries 😞 

While fiddling with my phone I've accidentally stumbled upon the culprit and a workaround - tested many times on my end so I wonder if @Dpe1983 @tronnyjeverton or somebody else can test as well to see your outcome.

My home WiFi network is a dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) using single SSID. You'll need similar setup to replicate following steps. In the phone, go to Settings -> WiFi -> WiFi Assistant. There you'll find Dual Wi-Fi acceleration - turn that on and that will take you to another screen showing your primary Wi-Fi (the network you are connected to) and other available networks to which you can connect as 'secondary'. Here I select again my home Wi-Fi, which connects the phone to both 2.4GHz and 5GHz at the same time. The moment you do that, Sonos speakers become visible in Spotify Connect.

At this point I thought the problem is related to Wi-Fi band, but that does not appear to be true - I tried to run my Wi-Fi exclusively on 2.4GHz and speakers were still disappearing. Same for 5GHz. Same if I disable the 'acceleration' feature. Only when I connect to both bands, speakers will appear. Wild.

I haven't found much about this feature, but it's proprietary of OPPO and Vivo, so I guess OnePlus inherited it with ColorOS (labeled as OxygenOS on our phones). It would explain why only specific phones manifest this issue. Bad news is that this feature seems buggy in general - I see it drops the secondary Wi-Fi often even when you are still in range and it does not reconnect to it automatically. So when you leave your home for example, you have to manually go to the settings and connect to the secondary again once you get back. Also I did not find a way how to really disable it - if I just turn it off in the Wi-Fi Assistant menu it won't make my speakers visible, so I assume it's still somehow running. 

Solid solid work sir

This does appear to be working on my Sonos at home. Need to try and
investigate further over a couple of days to see how it works longer term
but it seems like you have found a temporary fix for the short term!

Really appreciate you getting back in this thread about it.

Will test this tonight when I get home! Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing - too bad OP support doesn't know about this.

Super important though that we test under which circumstances it works and drops, and get back to OP with our experiences so that they can produce a fix.

Suggested posts