Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify disables bluetooth after every played track.

Spotify disables bluetooth after every played track.

Hi there folks.

When I'm using my bluetooth headphones Spotify turns of my bluetooth after every single track it has played. It's not just kicking out my phones it acctually turns the bluetooth off, so I need to reactivate it manually, then make a new search for my headphones and then start the next track.. just to repeat this again after that track.
This little "gag" has come since I did the update to Spotify version 3.3.0.988 and is not happening in any other program I use, or if I use another music app on my phone. 

I have this far;
reinstalled Spotify from scratch (deleted all files on the unit)
reinstalled my phone with the latest drivers and made all the updates from blank
I am now running Android 4.2.2 on a Samsung S4

If you need any more information or wonder anything, just type me a line or two 🙂

25 Replies

I noticed the same problem when using the bluetooth with my Chevy Equinox.  After one song or a part of a song the bluetooth turns off.  I thought it was a problem with my phone. I updated the phone software but still have the same problem.  After reading the first post, it looks like Spotify is the problem and not my phone.

I have the same problem. the bluetooth connection with my Samsung S4 Active stops with each song. Use Spotify in my car and to a Bose SoundLink. in the moment I can not use the service, but I pay for it. if no hotfix comes, I'll cancel the subscription. I'm using Android 4.2.2 on my mobile phone

Similar problem here. S3 connected to fj cruiser Bluetooth radio. After each song the Bluetooth goes unresponsive for 10s or so. Then the Bluetooth shareable service goes up again. Make note, the song never stops. This came after the recent update.

Yep, same problem for me, and it's pretty much going to kill my premium sub, if they don't fix it very quickly.

Such a ridiculous problem to have made it through QA.

I have the same problem with several bluetooth devices. The Samsung support told me, the problem is not in my Galaxy S III, it's a Spotify problem. It is very important to me that I can hear my music on my bluetooth speaker.

It is easy to isolate the problem to being Spotify. Simply play music through a different music player (be it the default one or anything other you wish to try) and the problem will not persist.

This puts the issue squarely on Spotify. Hopefully they look into it, but given Spotify's atrocious work pretty much every update, I'm not holding my breath.

@Osmodius wrote:
It is easy to isolate the problem to being Spotify. Simply play music through a different music player (be it the default one or anything other you wish to try) and the problem will not persist.

This puts the issue squarely on Spotify. Hopefully they look into it, but given Spotify's atrocious work pretty much every update, I'm not holding my breath.

I have isolated the problem to Spotify and it's use of Blutooth, no other app ever malfunction, it's only Spotify. The bluetooth works well with both the headphones otherwise with both music, phonecalls, and other connections. 

The problem accures only at track change, not during a track, only when it stops one track and should start the next track - instead it turns of the Bluetooth and stops the playback = I'll be looking for a better music system very shortly and end my Premium account if they don't fix this problem.

Yep! Exact same problem I'm having.

Does the problem also occur when you manually skip to the next song?

Yes, it does. By the way, I tested my bluetooth connection with the Android MP3-Player, no problem occurred.
The Spotify support team recommended a uninstall and reinstall operation. I tried it out without any effect.

I tried it out with the Android MP3-Player, there was no problem. There is no doubt it's a problem with Spotify. They promised to work on it, I hope they'll be successful soon. I can hardly imagine my musical life without Spotify:-)

Yep, reinstalling doesn't help the situation at all.

Fun fact, though; If you pause the song, then skip to the next one, there is no issue. It's not a solution, but it is interesting.

Same problem here. Just started recently. I am loosing Bluetooth connection after every song. All other players work fine. I think it must be an update issue. Any ideas how we can install the previous version?

I uninstalled the newest version and installed version 3.2.0.1197 and Bluetooth is working! I have turned off auto updates in the google store so hopefully my Spotify will not update to the newest version. It is definitely an issue with the latest update.

No, I'm sorry.

Done the same and it works. Thanks to all the help on this thread, no thanks to spotify!

Does Spotify support Bluetooth?

Spotify does not support playback through Bluetooth.

However, with Spotify Connect you can play music through your speakers, TV, or laptop using the Spotify app as a remote.

This is from The Spotify Website!!!!

Spotify has never had a problem with Bluetooth before now.

If they've decided to stop supporting it now, then my Premium will be gone, and I'm betting a lot of other people's will be too.

Why pay premium for mobile Spotify, if I can't use it?

I'm listening to music via bluetooth an a Belkin reveiver in my car and excactly the same problem since about a week. After every track change bluetooth turns off and on again but the track is still playing. It happens a few seconds after the track change, maybe 5 sec.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon!

Hardware: Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.3

Spotify: 3.3.0.988

Are there official download links for one of the previous versions as a workaround for the problem?

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-3-2-0-1197-android-apk-download/

That's the APK I used to install the previous version.

Bluetooth has no issues with that version installed.

Suggested posts