Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify keeps deleting offline musics

Spotify keeps deleting offline musics

I'm spotify premium member for about 2 years. In my android device 1033 offline musics exist in my one of playlists. But Spotify keeps deleting my offline musics. I checked my subscription twice, there is no payment error. Its on automatic renew. Why Spotify deletes offlines music? How can I solve this problem? And also Spotify opens really slowly. 

Im using CyanogenMod 12.1 on my GT I9500 device. Its Android 5.1. 

17 Replies

Hey @birfincankafein! Welcome to the community ^^

That sounds not good.

Do you've tried to reinstall your app ? Here's a quick tutorial for a clean reinstallation.^^

This solved the issue in the most cases.

I hope it will help you.^^

Peace

That's bs. I've reinstalled. After I've downloaded a bunch of music for offline listening, my phone is desynced. It says my playlist is synced over three or more devices. I only have two.
Thank you but fix it. I've upgraded for now. You have a great concept. But the execution in my experience is disappointing.

I tried to format my phone. I tought it cause by my CyanogenMod 12 ROM. Ireflashed my Rom and Gapps. But it didn't. I synced my music again it almost 10Gb. Two or three days later my musics deleted again. I try to look log cat for what exception spotify gets and delete my musics. No exception before delete. 

Apple Music is frightening me in its appeal.

It keeps doing that to me lately. It seems with the newest update that I recieved it just started doing that.  I have not changed the amount of devices I have logged into. I have done a clean wipe and install of spotify and re downloaded the playlists to my SD card.  After a couple of hours of it being downloaded it will wipe them and give me the cannot have on more than 3 devices error.  We need a fix for this.  

I have had the same issue for the past few months now. I've removed all Spotify information from my device, uninstalled the app completely, cleared my cache, rebooted my phone, and then reinstalled more than a few times and the issue seems to be fixed but it always comes back up in a day or two. Not using an SD card either, just internal phone storage. It's never consistent as to which songs are undownloaded, and it happens without fail. I only have ever installed the app and downloaded offline music on one device. It's very annoying when I go to listen to a whole album and half the songs are missing.

Same here. Been like this for weeks. I've even wiped my phone and started again. What can be done ?

I know i'm very late with this but as soon as you notice your offline downloads are gone, close spotify then unmount & mount your sd, downloads should be back when you open it again, hope it helped in any way

Unmount / mount from recovery mode? It seems like it cannot be effected on Spotify. Its OS related issue not Spotify. 

Not using an SD card, and it's definitely not an OS issue because it's happened on multiple devices. Most recently when the app updated and I restarted it in offline mode it decided to delete all my offline playlists so I couldn't listen to anything. It's a consistent problem that no updates have helped.

Spotify would fill the internal memory in my phone. I had to re install the app until it saved to the sd card. Sometimes after uninstalling the app, I had to erase the spotify files in file manager before reinstalling.
Hope it helps

I also have this problem using iPhone. Pain in the **bleep**. One minute musics available the next it's not. What's the fix?

No was, i had this in all my devices. On Windows, Android and Linux!

I am sick of having my offline data deleted. No more, I am making the move over to either Google or Apple. What a shame that Spotify rarely resolves issues with their software. I have been a premium member for many years but enough is enough.

I'm having the same issue! Have been a premium member for about 2 years as well - on auto-renew. Random albums and playlists keep getting deleted for no reason. This is so frustrating! Has specifically been happening a lot in the last few months. 

Me too, it's incredibly frustating. I tried it all, wiped all the data from everything, cleared every cache, reinstalled the app, removed devices, formated my SD, etc. At this rate i think we're forced to assume that Spotity have no idea how to fix it. Simply telling us to reinstall and reboot is just shy of insulting our intelligence.

Yes, i am very unhappy about this, lol 

This is so upsetting, I should Re-download offline data every week in my windows 10 desktop, this is make my broadband alway reach FUP.  

Suggested posts