Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify offline mode

Spotify offline mode

Plan

Premium

Country 

Australia

Device

Samsung Galaxy S24

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

My Spotify app continually says I am in offline mode and can't seem to find my internet connection (which is working fine on other devices) I've tried toggling from offline to on but it says no internet connection even though there is one. I tried on phone data and wifi and tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I'm not sure what else I can do. 

11 Replies

I'm having the same problem. Google Pixel 7, Android ver 14. 

Turned offline mode on and off. 
I've cleared my cache. 

Uninstalled the app and did a clean new reinstall.

Restarted my device. 

App continues to say "Spotify is currently set to offline".

Hey @TinyMintana, thanks for asking in the Community!

I see that you have already tried some troubleshooting steps. Could you try to log into another Spotify account (you can create a new one for testing) and see if that makes any difference?

You can also test your account on another platform like mobile, desktop, or web player. Let me know how that goes.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Was your problem solved?

I had that problem too- it says I'm in offline mode even when my offline toggle is off and will not play anything.  So now I download a short playlist first that I've created on my pc and switch to offline mode.  Sometimes this works for a while, then often the song I'm playing will cut out half way through and go to a different song on the playlist I downloaded.  I'm taking a walk, my wild guess that as I pass by different wi-fi and phone reception something from those is interrupting my downloaded playlist playing.  Any suggestions?

Hey @Metalbody,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

If you're having this same issue, would you mind confirming if you've performed a clean reinstall process as mentioned previously? If so, and the issue persists, we'd recommend trying with a different Wi-Fi network to see if it makes any difference. If you don't have another one available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to test it. 

Also, since the troubleshooting may vary across devices, include in your next response the make, model, and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My Spotify app has been offline for the past three months and I'm online. It's only responds when I'm connected to Wi-Fi

I'm having the same issue where I am unable to use the app without Wifi.

Everything else on my phone works fine on data and/or Wifi.

Phone: Pixel 7

Android ver 14

Phone says I have 5G UC connection

Spotify Version: 8.9.52.552

I have:

1) done a clean reinstall 

2) cleared my cache in Spotify

3) cleared my storage in Spotify

4) logged out accounts everywhere in Spotify 

5) reset my phone's Mobile Network Settings

6) reset my phone's app preferences

The only way I am able to use Spotify right now is to put it on offline mode and then play albums that I have downloaded. 

Hi @Mark36741,

Thanks for reaching out!

This can definitely be affected by the reception so it would be great if you can test if this happens when you're on a stable WiFi/mobile data connection. It's also worth checking whether the Spotify app has access to mobile and WiFi data.

Another thing you can try is clearing the cache and data for Spotify from your phone settings this way: Settings -> Apps -> Spotify -> Storage -> Clean data and Empty cache. Just note that your downloads will be removed, but you can re-download them again afterwards.

Let us know how it goes.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, after several days of testing I found out that if I create a playlist then set to "offline mode", then put my phone in my pocket FACING OUT there is no issue.  I'm guessing that when my phone is facing in against my body, even with my shirt in between, my body somehow occasionally taps the phone to do something I don't want.

Spotify playback disabble and say you are currently ser to offline

Hallo, obwohl ich sehr gut Internet habe, kann ich nur die Spotify App nicht nutzen, in der App steht, dass ich offline bin, aber ich bin trotz online, und kann alle andere Apps spielen

Suggested posts