Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify stops playback on specific songs [multiple phones]

Spotify stops playback on specific songs [multiple phones]

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Multiple: Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo (G903F) and Samsung A5 2017 (A520F), as well as the same issue persisting on different makes and models of phones of friends.

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

The Issue: as it stands right now for multiple months already, Spotify randomly stops playback on very specific songs. My esimate to the amount would be a solid 8-10% of my entire library. It can pause ay any moment, be it in the first few seconds, or somewhere in the end of the song. The only way to fix this is to either fast forward the song about 30-40 seconds and then pause/play again, or to restart the application twice and hope for the best, since that doesn't always work either. Obviously skipping forward to the next song also sometimes fixes it, but also usuallyt requires multiple application restarts.

Note: this is only on mobile. The desktop application works 100% correctly and without any issues whatsoever.

What I have tried on both phones (to no avail):

• Re-installing the application
  • Reverting my phone back to factory defaults and installing only Spotify
  • Using both mobile data as well a different Wi-Fi networks
  • Using offline mode
  • Trying the affected songs through both streaming as well as downloaded versions

I have exhausted all the knowledge that I had on the matter, going as far as to restore my phones to factory default to see if it was a defect on their side, but everything points to the application itself being the issue. I have tried all the combinations I could to figure out what is going wrong, but I have not found any solutions to make the application work as intended, only very shitty workarounds.

I'm sorry, but I pay 10 bucks a month for this, and I do it for a reason, to get a working service to fuel my daily tasks and activities since music is important to me. And if I could get a Spotify representative to talk to me about this, that would be great.

But here, I would like to know if anyone else has had this issue on Android, and if they have managed to fix it with specific settings, either temporarily or permanently. I really don't know what to do anymore and as patient as I am with problems like these, this has caused me a great deal of increasing annoyance over these past few months.

Thank you for reading and for your help.

0 Replies

Suggested posts