Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify sucks pretty bad

Spotify sucks pretty bad

Premium subscription expired.  Now no songs play.  The very few that do, take 3 - 4 minutes to load, and then stop playing for a minute or two every 15 - 30 seconds.

Spotify is actually a pretty terrible service.

Not to mention their caching is pretty terrible.  They use ridiculous amounts of data transfer for nothing.

Spotify = hard fail

20 Replies

Hey. If you would like help, pleae post some inforrmation to work with. If you just want to whine though, I'll leave you to it.

Okay..

1) Every single song I try to play waits at least 15 seconds before playing

2) Most songs will take up to 45 seconds to begin playing

3) Every single song I play will stop for at least 15 seconds during play

4) MOST songs will stop for no reason 3 or 4 times, for up to 1 minute, each play

Solution?

Also, I'm this happens at home and at work.  At home I have 30Mbps cable connection, wireless N, had NO ISSUES when I had premium, free = worst experience in the universe.

OH, and the song I just tried to play by Hypnagog took 3 minutes to load, AND STILL STOPPED 20 SECONDS IN FOR 30 seconds.  I have since closed spotify 😞

Are you using the web player or the desktop client? What operating system/spotify version?

Desktop player.

Windows 7 Ultimate

Laptop is an ASUS X73S

Spotify version 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

** Important side note....Apologies to spotify staff, I'm in a bad mood today, music helps me get back in my good space, and today you really got between me and my music.

** Further side note...These issues have been happening WAY too much lately, I'm really disappointed with the app I once loved so much 😞

SPOTIFY IS UN-USABLE FOR ME

When you have a few minutes, try doing a clean reinstall and delete the spotify cache folders which should be in ~user/appdata/roaming/ and ~user/appdata/local/which I suspect may be behind behind the issues you're seeing.

Ah, the old re-install trick eh?

*sigh*

If I un-install it, I won't be re-installing it 😕

ALSO...Now that I recall, this was happening a bit even when I had spotify premium, it was the main reason I would download all my lists, because streaming was so terribly unreliable.

Well Spotify...I'm out....I'll see you again in a few years spotify - when you actually have decent code, and when your developers are capapble of understand caching.

Thanks for your help jwylot 🙂

If you are getting playback issues with no errors on the desktop, I would be willing to put money on your ISP is throttling Spotify's p2p connections which it uses to stream and share music across the network. If that is the case, you might be blaming the wrong people 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

You overreact somewhat perhaps, but i figure that's because you're sad over losing your dear music, a feeling i well can understand and being swedish i'm not so sensitive about bad language at time like this. So i jump in with an answer and hope you'll read it.

Have you tried at https://play.spotify.com/?

I have some small problems at the desktop player but at the web everything works fine even if a bit differently. You could also test logging on at a friend's computer.

An easier trick you could also try is making a search for Spotify cache files and delete them,  i dont know if it will have any effect but has worked for instanse on Wow.  Myself i would prefer uninstall using a special uninstall program like IO-bit Unstaller (free), not the built in, and then reinstall.

Beside the old reinstall trick is running some cleanup programme like Advanced system care, Smart defrag, Spybot and ofc the antivirus ( free and found easily with google, be careful when you install them though and use advanced mode or you might get **bleep**ty toolbars in or other malware) Maybe you have some sh*t hiding?

Well well i wish you the best with whatever choise you make, quitting or trying more 🙂

Web player works like a boss.

I probably love spotify too much to stop using it entirely.....but there should be much better cache handling for the desktop/mobile(Android) client.

Maybe if Spotify get away from flash entirely.  I notice the web interface is entirely JS?

@spotifynot2bad wrote:

Web player works like a boss.

I probably love spotify too much to stop using it entirely.....but there should be much better cache handling for the desktop/mobile(Android) client.

Maybe if Spotify get away from flash entirely.  I notice the web interface is entirely JS?

Web player requires flash to decode content in the background sadly. 

Peter

Peter

yes, i pay $9.99 per month and my **bleep**ty spotify wont even turn on after the last update, time to quit spotify, i like it WHEN it works

@discbag wrote:

yes, i pay $9.99 per month and my **bleep**ty spotify wont even turn on after the last update, time to quit spotify, i like it WHEN it works

We can help you troubleshoot if you like @discbag ? 

What operating system are you using? 

Peter

Peter

SPOTIFY SUCKS! SINCE I STARTED MY "FREE" SERVICE ON APRIL 7TH I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO ACCESS MY MUSIC....online, off line, my phone, my computer...NOTHING!!!   I do not want to talk to "the community" for help.  I WANT TO TALK TO SPOTIFY CUSTOMER **bleep**ING SERVICE!!!  "The community" doesn't have my credit card to start billing me. 

1.  GET ME HELP

2.  DO NOT DARE CHARGE ME EVER FOR YOUR LAME-ASS PROGRAM

3.  I AM GOING BACK TO I-TUNES UNLESS I HEAR FROM SOMEONE SOON...REAL SOON.

BITE ME, SPOTIFY AND YOUR LITTLE DOG TOO!

ALL I SEE ARE COMPLAINTS ABOUT SPOTIFY....

SPOTTY SERVICE

SPOTTY LOAD TIMES

SPOTTY PERFORMANCE ISSUES

SPOTTY PLAY ISSUES

DON'T SEE ANY GOOD NEWS ANYWHERE NEAR SPOTTY-

POOR SPOTTY

I'M GOING TO GO BACK TO .... WHAT WAS THAT COMPANY NAME WHERE YOU COULD DOWNLOAD MUSIC FOR FREE...OH YEAH THEY ARE OUT OF BUSINESS!  BYE BYE SPOTTY

@debbie727 - No need for the all caps posts, we are here to help. If you want support from Spotify, get in touch with their support  team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Agreed. Was reading a list of rap songs on a website which had spotify songs embedded after each song. Instead of playing in the page clicking the play button redirected me to spotify's website each time. What's the point of embedding a song if it just opens another page? Also I was forced to create an account to hear these songs. 

I can honestly say ill never click a link marked "Spotify" ever again. Big hassle. Not worth it. Spotify Sucks.

-SpotifySuckz

Spotify **bleep**ing sucks

Suggested posts