Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why does it take so long for this app to start???

This app has gotten worse and worse over the last few months. In the last few weeks it took me about 5 minutes to start up the app on my phone. After that it took another few minutes to load my playlist or locate a song. A lot of the times it shows t...

• This app has gotten worse and worse over the last few months. In the last few weeks it took me about 5 minutes to start up the app on my phone. After that it took another few minutes to load my playl...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song randomly pauses and "Hey Spotify" microphone icon appears

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S20Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueEvery few seconds while I'm listening to songs, the song pauses and the "Hey Spotify" microphone appears. Disabling "Hey Spotify" in settings doesn'...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Samsung Galaxy S20 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue Every few seconds while I'm listening to songs, the song pauses and the ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Samsung Galaxy Watch not resuming playback after phone-call / missed call/ etc.

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceSamsung Galaxy WatchOperating SystemAndroid / Tizen My Question or IssueFor months, my Samsung Galaxy Watch does not resume streaming Spotify music via 4G if someone calls me / I'm calling out. Even if I do not answer an...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Norway Device Samsung Galaxy Watch Operating System Android / Tizen   My Question or Issue For months, my Samsung Galaxy Watch does not resume streaming Spotify mu...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New UI Fix for downloading

Hi, guys. One thing about the new UI that needs fixing: when we click an artist, it takes us to their page, that's not intuitive since we have previously saved their songs, so we want to download them, but it's not possible to do such thing in their ...

• Hi, guys. One thing about the new UI that needs fixing:  when we click an artist, it takes us to their page, that's not intuitive since we have previously saved their songs, so we want to downlo...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution On of the daily mixes doesn't show up on the Home screen

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDeviceSamsung A51Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or Issue Hi there! For some strange reason one of the Daily mixes, Daily mix 1 to be specific doesn't show up for me on the Home screen, issue persists only on the mobile...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Device Samsung A51 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue   Hi there! For some strange reason one of the Daily mixes, Daily mix 1 to be sp...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    home screen
    Missing menus
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Android app keeps crashing

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceGalaxy A71Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueApp keeps crashing, will happen randomly. Have run a full reinstall of spotify along with any other possible suggestions. Issue has been happening since the mo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia  Device Galaxy A71 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue App keeps crashing, will happen randomly. Have run a full reinstall of spotify...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Developer] Equalizer affects all phone sources

The Equalizer built in spotify is also active when listening YouTube or anything on the phone. But on the pixel 4a I have problems because I cannot switch off the bass enhancement. It's greyed out and it's on three-quarters which is to much for the s...

• Visitor
  • The Equalizer built in spotify is also active when listening YouTube or anything on the phone. But on the pixel 4a I have problems because I cannot switch off the bass enhancement. It's greyed out an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Developer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mobile][Your Library] Liked Songs are different on desktop and mobile versions

There is no liked songs on my mobile version which songs i liked on desktop version. Also if i listen a song on desktop version, it doesnt seen at "last listenings" on mobile. They are not compitable.

• Visitor
  • There is no liked songs on my mobile version which songs i liked on desktop version. Also if i listen a song on desktop version, it doesnt seen at "last listenings" on mobile. They are not compitable...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Your Library
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Listening to liked songs from an artist in offline mobile

When I'm using Spotify, I usually listen to the songs I liked from an artist. With this new update, while I can access liked songs from an an artist when I'm online (as opposed to what happens when a user is on Desktop), I just can't access an artist...

• Visitor
  • When I'm using Spotify, I usually listen to the songs I liked from an artist. With this new update, while I can access liked songs from an an artist when I'm online (as opposed to what happens when a...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android][Other] Music stopping, random songs playing, songs switching mid play

I've been finding that I will turn on playlists and a song that I pick will start to play and either cut off and just start playing a completely different song or it will start playing a song that's not even on the playlist which is the more common o...

• Visitor
  • I've been finding that I will turn on playlists and a song that I pick will start to play and either cut off and just start playing a completely different song or it will start playing a song that's ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can we get an update on the 10000 song limit?

PlanPremium My Question or IssueThe last response of the devs that I can find is from 2017. Several different streaming services have had 50k/100k song limits since the original idea topic from 2014! It has been 5 years, and still music collectors do...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   My Question or Issue The last response of the devs that I can find is from 2017.   Several different streaming services have had 50k/100k song limits since the original...
  • Blacklabel78
  • Gig Goer
  • 29 replies
  • 59 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 59 likes

Superuser Contribution Please make Spotify on Android even slower! PLZ!!!

Hi!I am frustrated! The problem exists for about 6 months now.Here are 2 screencasts - one from my phone and one from an emulator on my PC....Could this be any slower?Cell phone:https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqHygEAnAgdYq_YnocuoX22Qrm_SDw?e=9paRI5Emulator:http...

• Visitor
  • Hi! I am frustrated! The problem exists for about 6 months now. Here are 2 screencasts - one from my phone and one from an emulator on my PC.... Could this be any slower? Cell phone: https://1...
  • Uberg33k
  • Casual Listener
  • 25 replies
  • 3 likes
  • slow
    SLOWER
    TOOSLOW
  • 25 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Android app glitches out randomly

PlanPremium StudentCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 10+Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueUnfortunately, there isn't really a pattern for this issue. It happened three times in the last 5 or so hours though with heavy usage (around 3 h...

• Plan Premium Student Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Unfortunately, there isn't really a pattern for this issue. It happen...
  • ost_4k
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs stop randomly

PlanFreeCountrySwedenDeviceAsus Zenfone Pro m2Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueHeyI have been having alot of problems with songs won´t start playing after one finishes, and now i can´t even start a song on my phone. I have disabled th...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Sweden Device Asus Zenfone Pro m2 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Hey I have been having alot of problems with songs won´t start playing af...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My android phone with the latest update doesnt connect to car's radio spotify control

PlanPremiumCountryCyprusDevice( Galaxy a20e)Operating System( Android ) updated My Question or IssueMy car radio has spotify control and it tries to connect to my android but after the latest update 8.6.8.1094 only shows connecting and stays that way...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Cyprus Device ( Galaxy a20e) Operating System ( Android ) updated   My Question or Issue My car radio has spotify control and it tries to connect to my android&nbs...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    car control
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify mobile doesnt show my lyrics anymore, help?

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroidOperating systemAndroid 8 My question or issueGood morning/afternoon/night, so today I was thinking about singing using spotify as I can match notes, I open my Spotify and play my song but notice I cant scroll down to s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country USA Device Android Operating system Android 8  My question or issue Good morning/afternoon/night, so today I was thinking about singing using spotify as I can match n...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can't cast video to google home hub max

For weeks now casting from spotify (google pixel 5) won't work if casting video. Other apps like youtube are fine. It just sits there loading forever and nothing happens. If I cast just the audio then it's fine.

• Casual Listener
  • For weeks now casting from spotify (google pixel 5) won't work if casting video. Other apps like youtube are fine. It just sits there loading forever and nothing happens. If I cast just the audio the...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bluetooth media control working intermittently on android

PlanPremiumCountryUK Device(Oneplus 6T)Operating System(Oxygen OS android 10)My Question or IssueAfter connecting any of my Bluetooth headphones to my phone the play pause, skip and volume buttons are very unreliable often not working at all. After I...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK  Device (Oneplus 6T) Operating System (Oxygen OS android 10) My Question or Issue After connecting any of my Bluetooth headphones to my phone the play pause, ski...
  • Alexandermoore
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Extremely low volume on Android App

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceSamsung J4+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueUnfortunetely, Spotify is the only bad volume app. YouTube Music, Deezer, every other are fine and loud or audible. Spotify is too bad.

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Samsung J4+ Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Unfortunetely, Spotify is the only bad volume app. YouTube Music, Deezer, every other are...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to change colour of notification

PlanFreeCountryRussiaDeviceXiaomi Poco F1Operating SystemAndroid 10, MIUI 12.0.3 (latest available) I'm a member less than a year. It's always been bugging me the constantly changing notification which song is playing now. I don't really care if it's...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Russia Device Xiaomi Poco F1 Operating System Android 10, MIUI 12.0.3 (latest available)   I'm a member less than a year. It's always been bugging me the constantly ch...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Colour
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes