Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

The Data Saver always remains on in my Motorola Edge 40

Solved!

The Data Saver always remains on in my Motorola Edge 40

Anybody know how to change the audio quality as it always shows data saver is turned on but its actually off ?

Screenshot_20231201-235410.png
58 Replies

I applied that update. The problem occurred until I cleared the cache and data and reinstalled the app, but after that, the problem was fixed for both Wi-Fi and mobile data with unlimited background data usage setting!

I tried repeating the steps and now it seems working. 

Unfortunately, the problem has reoccurred. I want to throw away this motorola

Unfortunately I have to confirm. For me too was this solution only temporary 😞

Must say that i had the issue right away after the latest update. But now it did not return the last couple of days. I will keep monitoring it.

Update:

I had the issue today again using Android Auto, wired in the car. So, the quality was low and Spotify stating that the Datasaver in android was on.

Immediately after leaving the car, the quality was back up, did not had to toggle anything and i had a pop up from Android Auto asking how to audio quality was.

Not there yet, but it seems we are getting somewhere.

Hey there folks!

We've checked backstage with our teams, and they were able to make some changes. Should you still experience issues with the Data Saver, we recommend getting in touch with Motorola for further help and investigation. You can reach out to them here.

We're just a post away if anything else appears. Take care!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same problem here. And with last update I cannot even do the trick that worked before. Now I simply have to listen my music in low quality. I have talked to the assistance, they say to post on the thread. No solution until now. Thinking od getting back to Tidal. It's not as good as Spotify, but at least I can listen to good music.

same problem here, even worse, they disabled the high quality option in the last update, please fix this problem as it is really annoying.

I have found the audio quality settings in the newest update. Go to settings scroll all the way down, there you find audio quality, tap on it and there are all the settings. 

I updated the app and I am still facing the same problem. I've attached the screenshot of my screen just for your information. I also reported this issue to Motorola customer service, too. I'll let you know if they give me useful information. 

Screenshot_20240213-214322.png

Same goes for me. Also raised this with Lenovo/Motorola.

Having the same problem for a few months too, on a (surprisingly) Motorola G73

Marked as solution

There's now a way to work around the issue on devices that suffer from it:

The data saver settings were moved to a subpage in settings (might have to scroll down a bit), and instead of just being able to toggle the data saver, there are now 3 options: on, automatic and off. "Automatic" is the original behaviour when the toggle was off (which activates the data saver when Android tells Spotify to do so), but if you set it to "off" it'll never enable. This should let you keep your audio quality regardless of your phone deals with the data saver.

tvkanters_0-1709548157023.png

Hi @tvkanters,

Thank you for letting us know about the workaround. I tried it and it seems very fine so far. I will see how it goes for a few days.  I'd like to thank the Spotify technical team for implementing this option for us to change the audio quality regardless of the Android settings. 

Cheers,

Wataru

Thanks for confirming this @tvkanters and @Wataru123!

Our tech folks have made some tweaks backstage, so you should now be able to adjust the audio quality by setting Spotify's Data saver to Off 😎

Have a great day everyone!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

thank you! It seems like I've finally gotten rid of this problem completely.

Do you if there’s an option for iphone too? I’m having the same issue on an iPhone, so it isn’t a motorola problem only

yes i have an motorola g84

Suggested posts