Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

The quality of the sound in my mobile device has lowered, how to fix it?

The quality of the sound in my mobile device has lowered, how to fix it?

I'm a premium member and since yesterday the sound quality has gotten worse. I can tell because I tested it with songs I listen to everyday. How can it be fixed? Thanks
3 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Could you start by checking the Audio Quality settings within the Spotify app to make sure you've not toggled any of them to low? Also, make sure you're using a stable internet connection as this can have an impact on the quality. 

We recommend trying with Wifi and mobile data to see if you notice any difference and you can even download some content and then switch the app to offline mode to see if that changes anything when playing music. You can find more info in this article.

Additionally, it'd be great if you could let us know if the sound quality is persistently low with your account when playing the same content on another device.

Thanks and we'll be on the lookout 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for your response. Indeed I checked that all the settings were turned in max quality. The problem was detected both in downloaded songs and with wifi. I noteced more on the cymbals of the drums and some other high frecuencies. For example, the entire album GLOW ON by Turnstile, which I have downloaded, feels wrong. The problem seems started two days ago and is mostly in my phone (Motorola Edge 30 Fusion with Dolby Sound) rather than with my PC or TV. I couldn't help to notice that the sound configuration menu changed recently and it coincided with the problem. Thank you again for your support.

Appreciate the cooperation, @SiddG!

We did test with the album you mentioned, but couldn't replicate the low sound quality and so we can test further, it'd be great if you could send us the links to some of the other content that's playing in lower quality for you.

On another note, check if there's a difference with the sound in the Web Player with your account.

When it comes to the sound configuration menu, as you mentioned it changed, do you mean that some of the settings were changed automatically (without you taking any actions) or you're missing something or seeing something different?

Lastly, it would be helpful if you could also send us a video recording so we can have a listen from our end and you can either attach it to your next response via the Insert Video option in the post editor or upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

Hope to hear from you soon.

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts