Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Update to Android 5.0

Solved!

Update to Android 5.0

Today I updated my Samsung galaxy s5 to the newest Android-version, 5.0. And now I can't switch/pause/play songs while spotify is running through the S view or the locket screen. I have to unlock my phone totally to get through to spotify. It's super-annoying, and it's a quite "difficult" way to do it. Are Spotify gonna update and adapt to the newest android? If not, I'm gonna go crazy...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@hghodne wrote:
I just found a solution!
1) Open spotify and start a song
2) go to the Samsung standard music player, and start a random song (the song on spotify will stop)
3) close your device, either with the lock-button or S View. The music control buttons will show.
4) Open spotify again, press play, close your device and the buttons will work on spotify

PS google: you have to fix this asap.

Google can't fix Samsung's touchwiz. It works fine on pure lollipop. So you need to contact Samsung about this issue.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks. Finally have it on lockscreen

Marked as solution

Settings-sounds and notifications - notifications- while locked- show all content

14 Replies

I have lollipop on my Nexus 6 and Nexus 7. I can control Spotify from lock screen without any problems. So it appears the problem is not Spotify or Lollipop, but Samsung's touchwiz.

I have a Nexus 5 with Stock Android 5. Spotify is lockscreen controllable, full lockscreen album art too, just like Google Play Music is on it.

I have a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet still running Stock Android 4.4.4 and on it Spotify gives me a small lockscreen area with the music controls and album art, not as visual but bigger controls than on my phone.

I updated my Samsung galaxy s5 to android 5.0 last night and now I don't have any controls (pause, play etc) either.

@Hacke wrote:
I updated my Samsung galaxy s5 to android 5.0 last night and now I don't have any controls (pause, play etc) either.

That's kind of weird, maybe it's a Samsung thing then.

This is how my KitKat Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet looks on the lockscreen with any music app.

KitKat Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet Screenshot_2015-02-03-12-04-58.png

I used to have a Nexus 10 and in KitKat it was a full screen album with playthrough controls at the bottom, Sony does it differently.

This is my Nexus 5 on Lollipop, looks the same using any music app.

It's a swipable notification. This is the only lockscreen music control widget. A lot of people don't like it, but are living with it. At least we still have full screen album art.

Lollipop Nexus 5 Screenshot_2015-02-03-12-02-35.png

I just found a solution!
2) go to the Samsung standard music player, and start a random song (the song on spotify will stop)
3) close your device, either with the lock-button or S View. The music control buttons will show.
4) Open spotify again, press play, close your device and the buttons will work on spotify

I'm glad I have Android 4.4 - gorgeous view in lock screen!!!

Screenshot_2014-11-06-19-17-53.png

Marked as solution

@hghodne wrote:
I just found a solution!

Google can't fix Samsung's touchwiz. It works fine on pure lollipop. So you need to contact Samsung about this issue.

Yup, Samsung probably implemented the APIs in a different way, which should never be done.

Samsung will have to fix this.

Liam

This really works! Thanx!!

I had same problem. easier fix-its under notification settings. I have Samsung galaxy 4s. go to settings-my device-sound & notification-there is a topic under notifications: "notifcations on lock screen". it defaults to hide-click show all content. I was also not getting texts, emails or other notifications so it shows those now too.

Marked as solution

Thanks. Finally have it on lockscreen
Marked as solution

Settings-sounds and notifications - notifications- while locked- show all content

Okay, I found a solution by telling my phone to prioritize Spotify notifications. Additionally Spotify cannot be the open app. I have to hit the home button before closing the s cover. I also needed to fiddle around with opening and closing Samsung Milk Music. People here are right, tho. It's not Spotify or Android, but Samsung and the way it registers third party playback controls.

Suggested posts