Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Notification interrupting music

Getting rid of Sirrus radio for my car and instead want to use Spotify. Everytime I get an email, text or any phone notificaton my music fades, and phone notification happens - disrupting the music as well as lowering the volume of music when it does...

• Getting rid of Sirrus radio for my car and instead want to use Spotify.   Everytime I get an email, text or any phone notificaton my music fades, and phone notification happens - disrupting the...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify "undownloads" songs from time to time

I saved a lot of songs but sometimes they get "undownloaded" then I have to wait until all the song are "redownloaded". Why does this happen?

• I saved a lot of songs but sometimes they get "undownloaded" then I have to wait until all the song are "redownloaded". Why does this happen?
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify, please fix your app to stop the spontaneous removal of all my music downloads

I am begging you, please, as a loyal user for years and an enthusiastic one at that. I love your service, I have recommended and introduced it to many friends, family, and coworkers. But I am going to have to switch to Google Music or something else ...

• I am begging you, please, as a loyal user for years and an enthusiastic one at that. I love your service, I have recommended and introduced it to many friends, family, and coworkers. But I am going t...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Behind the Lyrics shows after disabled it

Hi! I'm one of those who things that Behind the lyrics is not as good as Spotify thougt it will be. I just want lyrics not the story behind it (but that's other topic) The thing here is that I disabled this feature but is still showing up behind the ...

• Hi!   I'm one of those who things that Behind the lyrics is not as good as Spotify thougt it will be. I just want lyrics not the story behind it (but that's other topic)   The thing her...
  • Tom
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

30 minutes of ad-free music not working

Every time the 30 minutes of of ad free music commercial comes on where you have 30 seconds to click to watch a video, there is nothing to click to watch it, leading to more commercials.

• Every time the 30 minutes of of ad free music commercial comes on where you have 30 seconds to click to watch a video, there is nothing to click to watch it, leading to more commercials.
  • Cheriefaye2008
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Hola, necesito ayuda!

Buenas, Tengo un problema desde que me compre el movil BalckView e7, y es que cuando estoy tranquilamente escuchando musica y apago la pantala del movil, a los 10, 20 segundos la canción se pone en pausa y en la barra de tareas no me sale como que la...

• Buenas, Tengo un problema desde que me compre el movil BalckView e7, y es que cuando estoy tranquilamente escuchando musica y apago la pantala del movil, a los 10, 20 segundos la canción se pone en p...
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs constantly deleted from SD

My phone (S7) allows for the use of an SD card so thats where I like to store all of my downloaded music, as I have a lot of it. All downloaded songs have been deleted from my phone multiple times for no apparent reason after being downloaded and wor...

• Casual Listener
  • My phone (S7) allows for the use of an SD card so thats where I like to store all of my downloaded music, as I have a lot of it. All downloaded songs have been deleted from my phone multiple times fo...
  • Samiibedi
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify shuts down after 2-3 songs

The spotify app has been shutting down completely after 2-3 songs on my phone (lg aristo). This has only been happening for the last few days, but it's both annoying and worrying. Does anyone have any suggestions?Thank you in advance!

• Casual Listener
  • The spotify app has been shutting down completely after 2-3 songs on my phone (lg aristo). This has only been happening for the last few days, but it's both annoying and worrying. Does anyone have an...
  • Olysim
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Cant link fb on the app

Hi I recently removed my old spotify account from facebook and hooked up my current spotify account to the same facebook, only trouble is when I try to log in on the app I get an error message saying that the account is already linked to a Facebook a...

• Visitor
  • Hi I recently removed my old spotify account from facebook and hooked up my current spotify account to the same facebook, only trouble is when I try to log in on the app I get an error message saying...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist radio randomly starts

I have two frustrating issues, one related to the playlist radio (which I now fiercely dislike) and one that seems like a pure glitch. I do NOT have "autoplay" turned on: 1. I usually fall asleep to a playlist. Recenty, it's starting to wake me up ag...

• Regular
  • I have two frustrating issues, one related to the playlist radio (which I now fiercely dislike) and one that seems like a pure glitch. I do NOT have "autoplay" turned on:   1. I usually fall a...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

my spotify won't open

I have Spotify premium and I had to delete it and reinstall it for something unrelated but when I tried to re-download it there were problems, it would download but whenever I try to open it a message come up and says "no storage area found" even tho...

• Regular
  • I have Spotify premium and I had to delete it and reinstall it for something unrelated but when I tried to re-download it there were problems, it would download but whenever I try to open i...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't listen to songs added directly from the computer on my phone

Since not every single song is available on Spotify, I've been using my computer to download them from the internet and use them on the app. I've done that for a while but recently, it hasn't been working as it should. I can still save the song on my...

• Casual Listener
  • Since not every single song is available on Spotify, I've been using my computer to download them from the internet and use them on the app. I've done that for a while but recently, it hasn't been wo...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with Android Auto and Spotify

I use Android Auto (connected with my car) and Spotify to listen to music. Since some of the latest updates, I get an error in Android Auto saying ("Spotify seems to be currently not working") (translated from German) and when I tap on the menu it sh...

• Casual Listener
  • I use Android Auto (connected with my car) and Spotify to listen to music. Since some of the latest updates, I get an error in Android Auto saying ("Spotify seems to be currently not working") (trans...
  • nathtothep
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify wont play through my car radio

I have my phone (Samsung A3) hooked up to bluetooth in my car (ford focus 2010) but it wont play spotify from my phone through the radio in my car? What can I do?

• I have my phone (Samsung A3) hooked up to bluetooth in my car (ford focus 2010) but it wont play spotify from my phone through the radio in my car? What can I do?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify not working

Playlist not loading songs & message keeps popping up about spotify premium service. I tried to reboot phone & make sure i have internet connection & wifi on but still doesnt respond. Does this mean i need to sign up for premium? I thought spotify wa...

• Casual Listener
  • Playlist not loading songs & message keeps popping up about spotify premium service. I tried to reboot phone & make sure i have internet connection & wifi on but still doesnt respond. Doe...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium

I have Premium but it doesn't work every time I log in the Message about the permium pops up. Every time I go on the pop up "Test Premium 30 Days Free!" And then come the Message "This Website is not avalible. What can I do?

• Visitor
  • I have Premium but it doesn't work every time I log in the Message about the permium pops up. Every time I go on the pop up "Test Premium 30 Days Free!" And then come the Message "This Website is not...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

There is no option to cancel my free premium trial in the subscription page

I can't find any options to cancel my free trial before the trial ends. This is ridiculous. There is also no option to delete my account. I have tried contacting Spotify and so far no response.

• Visitor
  • I can't find any options  to cancel my free trial before the trial ends. This is ridiculous. There is also no option to delete my account. I have tried contacting Spotify and so far no response....
  • arzhie18
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlist not available

Hey,i recently upgrated to premium to listen to spotify while im traveling the following months. I just use spotify on my android phone.I downloaded about 700 songs. At first all worked nicely. Im in italy now without good wifi connection so i need t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, i recently upgrated to premium to listen to spotify while im traveling the following months. I just use spotify on my android phone. I downloaded about 700 songs. At first all worked nicely....
  • Tanya-velasquez
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming to chromecast freezes after advertisement

I frequently stream music to chromecast with little or no issue. Lately after an add (usually add for wendy's), no music will follow. Add gets stuck and shows itself as repeating without any audio. I have to a total reboot on both tablet and chromeca...

• Regular
  • I frequently stream music to chromecast with little or no issue.  Lately after an add (usually add for wendy's), no music will follow.  Add gets stuck and shows itself as repeating without ...
  • onemstchange
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • freezes
    streeming
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily Mix Not Updating Set of Artists

For the last past months, I have changed my list of artists and genre of music and my Daily Mix seem not getting caught up with it. How could I change a certain daily mix with a new set of suggested artists? I have played Alex Clare and related artis...

• Casual Listener
  • For the last past months, I have changed my list of artists and genre of music and my Daily Mix seem not getting caught up with it. How could I change a certain daily mix with a new set of suggested ...
  • kpdmusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes