Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Android version excessive battery drain

I'm on a Nexus 5, fully stock, latest updates. For some reason, Spotify is using way too much battery. On the battery monitor, it's using more power than the screen. What's up with that?

• I'm on a Nexus 5, fully stock, latest updates. For some reason, Spotify is using way too much battery. On the battery monitor, it's using more power than the screen. What's up with that?
  • vducloux
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove Spotify Android App - Keep your off line Music ?

I have spotify premium account and use the Android app, something has gone wrong with the app because it is constantly draining my battery running in the background (will not close). I was told I have to remove the app completely and re-install, ques...

• I have spotify premium account and use the Android app, something has gone wrong with the app because it is constantly draining my battery running in the background (will not close). I was told I hav...
  • vducloux
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Android TV (Philips) - unblock access to TV remote functions

Dear Spotify developers,Thanks for the Android TV app; it has become my app of choice to listen to music.However, the access to some of the remote functions is blocked on my Philips TV. Specifically, the "Settings" and the "TV" buttons do not work, w...

• Dear Spotify developers, Thanks for the Android TV app; it has become my app of choice to listen to music. However, the access to some of the remote functions is blocked on my Philips TV. Specifica...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Sharing Issue on Android

After becoming a premium member I can no longer share within the Spotify App. When I click the Three dots and then Share, Spotify opens the default Android Share Window asking me which app I want to use to share the track with. Spotify is not an opti...

spotify-share.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • After becoming a premium member I can no longer share within the Spotify App.  When I click the Three dots and then Share, Spotify opens the default Android Share Window asking me which app I wa...
  • corkymac87
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"Your Library" is missing. Has ben replaced by "You"?

Hello Spotify Community "Your Library" in the bottom right corner has disappeared, instead there is just "you".I can not access artists, albums or songs of downloaded music. How can I get my Library back? Android 6.0.1; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, Spotif...

• Hello Spotify Community     "Your Library" in the bottom right corner has disappeared, instead there is just "you". I can not access artists, albums or songs of downloaded music. &nbsp...
  • MartinStoichkov
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Track info can't be read

I own an s7 edge. I've tried all the previous soluzione for the samsung smartphone but none of them worked. My track info is simply totally White and I cannot read anything. I've unistalled the app several times, switched themes... I'm getting mad. H...

• Visitor
  • I own an s7 edge. I've tried all the previous soluzione for the samsung smartphone but none of them worked. My track info is simply totally White and I cannot read anything. I've unistalled the app s...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android N bug

Just got official Android N for my Oneplus 3. For some reason Spotify keeps coming up in the notification field every 5 minutes or so. It's not starting to play. It just comes up. And I have to swipe it away.Why is this happening? Didn't happen befor...

• Regular
  • Just got official Android N for my Oneplus 3. For some reason Spotify keeps coming up in the notification field every 5 minutes or so. It's not starting to play. It just comes up. And I have to swipe...
  • Reflux_
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android N
    Oneplus
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Settings wont stay saved

Im using a Galaxy s6, never had this problem till i updated the app. Under settings, i turned off "Auto Play" and "Download over Cellular", when i leave that setting section, and go back in, Both of those settings are immediately reverted back. Also ...

• Im using a Galaxy s6, never had this problem till i updated the app.  Under settings, i turned off "Auto Play" and "Download over Cellular", when i leave that setting section, and go back in, B...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Música se pausa con otras aplicaciones (juegos)

Buenas tardes! Acabo de inscribirme en Spotify premium después de años utilizándo el servicio gratuito y quería saber si existe alguna solución para el problema que planteo a continuación. Cuando estoy utilizando Spotify y abro otra aplicación tipo j...

• Buenas tardes!   Acabo de inscribirme en Spotify premium después de años utilizándo el servicio gratuito y quería saber si existe alguna solución para el problema que planteo a continuación. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

[Android] Downloaded music keeps deleting

Hi,i am a premium owner, but it doesn't feel premium at all, because i need to download all my playlist at least once a week. My offline music keeps deleting automatically. I tried to reinstall the app deleting the cache but the problem persists.Plea...

• Hi, i am a premium owner, but it doesn't feel premium at all, because i need to download all my playlist at least once a week. My offline music keeps deleting automatically. I tried to reinstall the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • music deleting
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play local files on Android phone (Samsung S5)

I have some songs ripped from a CD stored locally on my Samsung S5 with Android 6.0.1, bit I can not play them using the Spotify app. I can play the local files on my PC (ahve stored them locally there as well). Anyone with a solution, or is this set...

• I have some songs ripped from a CD stored locally on my Samsung S5 with Android 6.0.1, bit I can not play them using the Spotify app. I can play the local files on my PC (ahve stored them locally the...
  • Jon_UK
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Maps + Spotify = Device reboot ?

Recently, I've notice that when I use Google Maps while Spotify is playing, my phone crash and then reboot by itself. I didn't have the problem when I use Google Maps only or Spotify only. Another thing, when the device is in charge it never crashes....

• Recently, I've notice that when I use Google Maps while Spotify is playing, my phone crash and then reboot by itself.    I didn't have the problem when I use Google Maps only or Spotify o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Previous/Next button for lock screen (Android)

Hello,I have the Huawei P9 but i can't see the Previous/Next from the LockScreen. In order to change a song, I have to unlock the device and it's quite annoying. I don't know if it's an interface problem from Huawei or from Spotify ... Do you have a ...

• Hello, I have the Huawei P9 but i can't see the Previous/Next from the LockScreen. In order to change a song, I have to unlock the device and it's quite annoying. I don't know if it's an interf...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Equalizer disappeared

Hey,Today the equalizer just disappeared from the options. I have been using it on this phone for a month now, but today when i opened the app, it wasnt there. I reinstalled the app but it didnt help.The device I use is OnePlus 3T, android 7.0.Spotif...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, Today the equalizer just disappeared from the options. I have been using it on this phone for a month now, but today when i opened the app, it wasnt there. I reinstalled the app but it didnt ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Equalizer

So I've had premium Spotify for a few months now and I enjoy using the equalizer. Suddenly it has disappeared and I don't know where to find it. Any suggestions?

• So I've had premium Spotify for a few months now and I enjoy using the equalizer. Suddenly it has disappeared and I don't know where to find it. Any suggestions?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Song showing on AOD Galaxy S7 when app closed

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and when I exit the app, the song still shows it as playing on the Always on Display. I even logged out and forced stop but it still shows on the AOD. Any ideas?Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and when I exit the app, the song still shows it as playing on the Always on Display. I even logged out and forced stop but it still shows on the AOD. Any ideas? Thanks
  • javbo03
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble logging in on the Android app!

I changed the email in my account and it booted me out of the app. Whenever I try to log in I get an error message saying "You do not have a spotify account connected to your facebook account. If you have a spotify account please login with your spot...

• I changed the email in my account and it booted me out of the app. Whenever I try to log in I get an error message saying "You do not have a spotify account connected to your facebook account. If you...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download any song

Guys help.. I can't download any song although the internet connection was doing just fine. Already force stop and reinstall it but still not working.

• Guys help.. I can't download any song although the internet connection was doing just fine. Already force stop and reinstall it but still not working.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes