Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't show storage option

I want to download my music to my SD card however when I go to settings it doesn't give me the storage option to switch to SD card.

• I want to download my music to my SD card however when I go to settings it doesn't give me the storage option to switch to SD card.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Running Playlists Not Showing

When I select Running from the Browse menu there are no playlists, only the section headings "Featured" and "Running Originals" with blank space in between (see screenshot). Tapping anywhere has no result. I have already tried restarting the phone, r...

• When I select Running from the Browse menu there are no playlists, only the section headings "Featured" and "Running Originals" with blank space in between (see screenshot). Tapping anywhere has no r...
  • dramamask
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Musixmatch not working on Samsung Note5

I've connected Musixmatch to Spotify for several times before but the floating lyrics function still doesn't work. No lyrics appear when I play a song. I think I've turned on every function needed for the authorisation. I just want to read some lyric...

• I've connected Musixmatch to Spotify for several times before but the floating lyrics function still doesn't work. No lyrics appear when I play a song. I think I've turned on every function needed fo...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Chromecast Audio] Why is it not possible to set a default Chromecast Device output?

I use my tablet(s) and Chromecast Audio to stream multiroom audio in my house. Every time I want to put on some music, the tablet starts playing music. I have to go to Chromecast devices. Pick my "Play everywhere" device. Wait a minute for it to conn...

• Casual Listener
  • I use my tablet(s) and Chromecast Audio to stream multiroom audio in my house.   Every time I want to put on some music, the tablet starts playing music. I have to go to Chromecast devices...
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes

No lock screen icons, "song not available", music stops playing...

I've just cancelled my subscription. I've been a paying customer for more than 4 years, but the bugs of the last weeks/months made using Spotify a nightmare. I know that there are threads for all the issues mentioned in the title. Unfortunately, deve...

• Regular
  • I've just cancelled my subscription. I've been a paying customer for more than 4 years, but the bugs of the last weeks/months made using Spotify a nightmare. I know that there are threads f...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't share music via Spotify anymore (Android)

I've been on Spotify for a while sharing music via the app on my phone. Recently the option to share via the app is no longer available, instead I'm directed to other applications to share music with friends. Any ideas on how to rectify this?- my Fac...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been on Spotify for a while sharing music via the app on my phone. Recently the option to share via the app is no longer available, instead I'm directed to other applications to share music with...
  • Lesmwende
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile Data limit reached

Is 1.18GB of background data unusual?I don't listen to music through cellular and have only used 193MB of foreground data. I had the cellular downloads turned on for a couple of days. One of which the app updated, which I'm assuming has caused my lim...

• Casual Listener
  • Is 1.18GB of background data unusual? I don't listen to music through cellular and have only used 193MB of foreground data.   I had the cellular downloads turned on for a couple of days. One ...
  • Melita84
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Connect] Fix Android APP

The android app doesn't function properly. The lockscreen widget doesn't appear most of the time. Navigation can't mute it to read directions over Bluetooth. Steering wheel controls don't work most of the time. I have to go in and close all my apps t...

• Regular
  • The android app doesn't function properly. The lockscreen widget doesn't appear most of the time. Navigation can't mute it to read directions over Bluetooth. Steering wheel controls don't work most o...
  • DragonLiightz
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Connect
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Imported playlist not available (songs greyed out)

Hi there, I am a Premium member. The Madvilliany Album wasn't avaiable on Spotify. So i bought it seperately and imported it onto my desktop. I then made a playlist (the songs play fine on my desktop). My phone and desktop are synced with eachother s...

• Hi there, I am a Premium member.   The Madvilliany Album wasn't avaiable on Spotify. So i bought it seperately and imported it onto my desktop. I then made a playlist (the songs play fine on m...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Android Downloads

I've downloaded about 2500 songs to an SD card in my tablet, whenever I remove the SD card to put in another one with other files on it, it deletes all of the music that I've downloaded.

• Casual Listener
  • I've downloaded about 2500 songs to an SD card in my tablet, whenever I remove the SD card to put in another one with other files on it, it deletes all of the music that I've downloaded.
  • Alsitar
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Equalizer in LG G4

Why the spotify's equalizer doesn't appear in my LG G4? Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Why the spotify's equalizer doesn't appear in my LG G4? Thanks.
  • mtc83
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Pop-up notification Locked Screen

Hello people.I have a question about the pop-up notification of spotify working on the Huawei P8 upgraded to 5.0 Android version. If is it possible to see the notifications about the artist or the song that are playing on this device?

• Regular
  • Hello people. I have a question about the pop-up notification of spotify working on the Huawei P8 upgraded to 5.0 Android version. If is it possible to see the notifications about the artist or the ...
  • Jokerz93
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify bugging in Galaxy S7

I recently upgraded from an s4 to a Galaxy s7 and for some reason spotify is messing up in a variety of areas. First of all, seen very commonly in the forums, is the issue of it not appearing on the lock screen. For me it, this is 70% of the time and...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently upgraded from an s4 to a Galaxy s7 and for some reason spotify is messing up in a variety of areas. First of all, seen very commonly in the forums, is the issue of it not appearing on the ...
  • evo4g63t
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline tracks being deleted

Hi,When I download tracks for offline listening Spotify deletes random songs and whole playlists sometimes, meaning it's unavailable for offline listening. I've tried redownloading the app, clearing the cache, re signing in, downloading the playlists...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, When I download tracks for offline listening Spotify deletes random songs and whole playlists sometimes, meaning it's unavailable for offline listening. I've tried redownloading the app, clear...
  • Paulsmithy90
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

How do you filter your playlists when using folders on Android?

How do you filter downloaded playlists when using folders on Android Spotify? WHen not using folders there used to be an option to filter the downloaded only playlists and albums. As there are no restrictions on playlists I want to use playlists rath...

• Roadie
  • How do you filter downloaded playlists when using folders on Android Spotify?   WHen not using folders there used to be an option to filter the downloaded only playlists and albums.  As t...
  • martinjh99
  • Roadie
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lost REPEAT track option ?

Been a couple of days now that I no longer have repeat track option on my Samsung S7. Tried logging off and back on, tried reinstalling app too...still not there. Please tell me they didn't remove it, I use it all the time!

• Casual Listener
  • Been a couple of days now that I no longer have repeat track option on my Samsung S7. Tried logging off and back on, tried reinstalling app too...still not there. Please tell me they didn't remove it...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't install spotify in my device

Hi All,I am facing problem to install spotify in my device, and I need your help. In order to install the app it gives the following information:"This app is incompatible with your device"I am using: Huawei P7-L10 (androind 5.1.1)My google wallet is ...

• Hi All, I am facing problem to install spotify in my device, and I need your help. In order to install the app it gives the following information: "This app is incompatible with your device" I...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify deletes my downloaded songs

Premium üyesiyim. Spotify kendi kendine hesabımdan çıkıyor ve tekrar hesabıma girdiğimde indirmiş olduğum şarkılarım indirilmemiş olarak kütüphanemde duruyor. Bu birkaç kez oldu ve hala düzelmedi. Yardım edebilirseniz çok mutlu olurum, teşekkürler.

• Premium üyesiyim. Spotify kendi kendine hesabımdan çıkıyor ve tekrar hesabıma girdiğimde indirmiş olduğum şarkılarım indirilmemiş olarak kütüphanemde duruyor. Bu birkaç kez oldu ve hala düzelmedi. Ya...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 3 devices?

I recently got a new phone and downloaded spotify on it. I have never had a problem with downloading the songs just pressed the download switch and it did it. Did not have to turn on cellular or anything. Now when I tried to download that way it say ...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently got a new phone and downloaded spotify on it. I have never had a problem with downloading the songs just pressed the download switch and it did it. Did not have to turn on cellular or anyt...
  • tomasrex
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes