Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify stockt bei Hörbuch

Hey, bei einem Hörbuch stocken die letzten 2Titel fast komplett.Gibt es eine Möglichkeit diese zu reparieren?

• Hey, bei einem Hörbuch stocken die letzten 2Titel fast komplett. Gibt es eine Möglichkeit diese zu reparieren?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

songs not showing in playlists

I wanted to listen to a band I have not listened to a while (blind guardian), and in the playlist menu, does it say 'this playlist contains 10 tracks', yet only 3 are showing.Is it a posebillity that they have limited the amount of tracks that can be...

• Gig Goer
  • I wanted to listen to a band I have not listened to a while (blind guardian), and in the playlist menu, does it say 'this playlist contains 10 tracks', yet only 3 are showing. Is it a posebillity ...
  • hatsjer
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with spotify connect

I am trying to listen music in my android device, but it's impossible to listen a song complete because every 20 seconds an message says: "You are controlling your music in WIN-IKOL77A2" and I answer "listen music here" but the message appear again. ...

• I am trying to listen music in my android device, but it's impossible  to listen a song complete because every 20 seconds an message says: "You are controlling your music in WIN-IKOL77A2"  ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Nexus 6 Spotify widget missing

Since i bought my Nexus 6 a few days ago I don't have a widget for Spotify anymore. Anyone the same problem?

• Visitor
  • Since i bought my Nexus 6 a few days ago I don't have a widget for Spotify anymore. Anyone the same problem? 
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify queue glitch?

Since a few weeks ago Spotify on my android phone, plays the start of every song in the queue if i skip more then 2 song in the queue.Does someone know how to fix this problem its a big buzz kill...( sorry for bad english)

• Casual Listener
  • Since a few weeks ago Spotify on my android phone, plays the start of every song in the queue if i skip more then 2 song in the queue. Does someone know how to fix this problem its a big buzz kill.....
  • kingshadylp
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Activate Crossfade option

Hi ! I´m just testing the premium option on my tablet. I can´t activate the crossfade since Connect option is activated. How can I change it. Crossfade option is really more interesting for me than Connect one. Thanks in advance !

• Casual Listener
  • Hi !   I´m just testing the premium option on my tablet. I can´t activate the crossfade since Connect option is activated. How can I change it. Crossfade option is really more interesting for ...
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung tab2 10.1

Hi!I have a samsung tab2 10.1 and when i try to install spotify it says that it is incompatible, and I can only find spotify by going through my browser. I can't find it on google play. Should have bought an iPad... Anyways I'm very great full for an...

• Hi! I have a samsung tab2 10.1 and when i try to install spotify it says that it is incompatible, and I can only find spotify by going through my browser. I can't find it on google play. Should have...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not working on my Android. Please help?

I am paying for Spotify Premium. I haven't been able to access the app on my phone for almost a month! It's saying 'Unfortunately Spotify has stopped' Any time I try to sign in. I have reinstalled the app and still isn't working, I am one very unhapp...

• Casual Listener
  • I am paying for Spotify Premium. I haven't been able to access the app on my phone for almost a month! It's saying 'Unfortunately Spotify has stopped' Any time I try to sign in. I have reinstalled th...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Device management gone ???

Spotify found something new to disappoint premium users.The device management (to manage which files to have off line) is gone without a warning. PS: When I play a song from my Walkman, the PC version shows what the walkman is playing.So the connecti...

• Roadie
  • Spotify found something new to disappoint premium users. The device management (to manage which files to have off line) is gone without a warning.   PS: When I play a song from my Walkma...
  • WilliamOffline
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! persistant dropped playback

As of late, i have to tap the app to manually restart new song in playlist..kind of bothersome. It was suggested i un install and re install. But ! Ive got so many saved music and am worried i would have to rebuild every list..wish can "backup" list....

• Music Fan
  • As of late, i have to tap the app to manually restart new song in playlist..kind of bothersome. It was suggested i un install and re install. But ! Ive got so many saved music and am worried i would ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

friend messages

Hey! Does anybody know how to make my Android keep up with the private messages? The only way I can get messages (in the app not Web site) is on my PC... Not big crisis, just wondering.

• Roadie
  • Hey! Does anybody know how to make my Android keep up with the private messages? The only way I can get messages (in the app not Web site) is on my PC... Not big crisis, just wondering.
  • TheItGyrl
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't swipe left... Now the **bleep**'s hitting the fan

Ok. You **bleep**ed up the desktop app. Removed functions just to say that they will be back. Because you had to add other stuff that no one wants.But now. Now I am REALLY unhappy. In swedish - since you are swedish - VAD I HELA HELVETE SYSSLAR NI ME...

• Music Fan
  • Ok. You **bleep**ed up the desktop app. Removed functions just to say that they will be back. Because you had to add other stuff that no one wants. But now. Now I am REALLY unhappy. In swedish - s...
  • Skagerström
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Student Discount

So I currently use Spotify Free and wanted to switch to Spotify Student. However when I follow the steps, it doesn't lead me to the fields where I fill in my college info. I thought maybe it was because my Facebook didn't have my student email, but I...

• So I currently use Spotify Free and wanted to switch to Spotify Student. However when I follow the steps, it doesn't lead me to the fields where I fill in my college info. I thought maybe it was beca...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! With the new spotify update, how do I sync local files to my android?

So yeah, I have no problem syncing songs off spotify for offline use but for some reason it wont sync local files. Is there anyway I can manually do this? Cheers.

• Casual Listener
  • So yeah, I have no problem syncing songs off spotify for offline use but for some reason it wont sync local files. Is there anyway I can manually do this?   Cheers.
  • Hesinberg
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

pause randomly

Hello guys,i love your app, but it is pretty anoying, that my android app is pausing randomly every 20-30seconds! I erased all my devices, I erased all apps on my phone, tablet etc. I installed new app on android and still it is pausing randomly. I h...

• Hello guys, i love your app, but it is pretty anoying, that my android app is pausing randomly every 20-30seconds! I erased all my devices, I erased all apps on my phone, tablet etc. I installed new...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cancelling Subscription

I have an Android device. I need to cancel my subscription, but I don't know how.

• Casual Listener
  • I have an Android device. I need to cancel my subscription, but I don't know how.
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify reports that I have no internet connection

I have AT&T as a internet provider with a 4G LTE subscription. I have also been a premium subscriber for a long time since I dropped my satellite radio subscription. I previously had a LG G2 and it and Spotify played nicely for a long time. What I th...

• I have AT&T as a internet provider with a 4G LTE subscription.  I have also been a premium subscriber for a long time since I dropped my satellite radio subscription.  I previously had ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some Sort of Glitch or Bug?

I have the Spotify App for my HTC One S. I am a Premium Member. For some reason, anytime I load the App now, an annoying white screen pops up with the green loading circle. It'll stay up and "loading for about 5-10 seconds and go away. Then about 10-...

• I have the Spotify App for my HTC One S. I am a Premium Member. For some reason, anytime I load the App now, an annoying white screen pops up with the green loading circle. It'll stay up and "loading...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't swipe right to change tracks only left. Is there a fix?

For some reason the Spotify app no longer lets me swipe right to change tracks. I can only swipe left. I can swipe left and right when I do radio but lose the ability on my personal playlist. Is there a fix to this?

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason the Spotify app no longer lets me swipe right to change tracks. I can only swipe left.  I can swipe left and right when I do radio but lose the ability on my personal playlist. ...
  • 3starorion
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Unlimited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes