Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Swipe to Queue

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueI recently switched from iOS to Android, and I hate to admit that the Spotify experience is lackluster on Android. I viewed past threads, and it seems that ...

• Plan Premium Country USA  Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android Oreo  My Question or Issue I recently switched from iOS to Android, and I hate to admit that the Sp...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes

App components are too large for low resolution screens

My Question or IssueWhen using Spotify (latest version as of now) with low resolution screens, the app components are just too large. They are barely usable at all, and in some scenarios completely unusable - see demo below. In these cases, I usually...

• My Question or Issue When using Spotify (latest version as of now) with low resolution screens, the app components are just too large. They are barely usable at all, and in some scenarios completely...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify glitches when turning on shuffle with Spotify Connect

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceSamsung Galaxy 7, Denon AVR X-1200WOperating SystemAndroid 8.0.0Spotify Version: 8.7.8.1206 My Question or IssueI have this bug since the last update, of 28 february. Whenever I have connected my Denon X1200W AVR th...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Samsung Galaxy 7, Denon AVR X-1200W Operating System Android 8.0.0 Spotify Version: 8.7.8.1206   My Question or Issue I have this bug s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    avr
    Denon
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast video

PlanFreeCountry Device Sony Xperia 10 IIIOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI download the Joe Rogan podcast to listen/watch on my phone. It's been working fine and video was playing. However, for no reason, it just stopped playing video. It...

• Plan Free Country   Device  Sony Xperia 10 III Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I download the Joe Rogan podcast to listen/watch on my phone.  It's been w...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Going For A Drive?" Notification

1) In the name of GOD, HOW DO I DISABLE THIS?!?!?!?!?!?! 2) The employee responsible for this needs to FIRED IMMEDIATELY!!!! (Preferably out of a canon) 3) Why on earth would you think it's a good idea to NAG your paying customers multiple times a da...

• Casual Listener
  • 1) In the name of GOD, HOW DO I DISABLE THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!   2) The employee responsible for this needs to FIRED IMMEDIATELY!!!! (Preferably out of a canon)   3) Why on earth would you th...
  • betomedrano
  • Casual Listener
  • 42 replies
  • 40 likes
  • I HATE Spotify
    Notifications
  • 42 replies
  • 40 likes

Incorrect model being picked up for "Listening on".

PlanPremium CountryUnited States DeviceZenFone 8 Operating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueModel is being incorrectly detected on select Android devices, after a quick look it seems Spotify is pulling the device's model from https://android.goog...

• Music Fan
  • ...evices, after a quick look it seems Spotify is pulling the device's model from https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/base/+/master/core/java/android/os/Build.java   public static f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App crashes when i use voice search

PlanPremiumCountryUsaDeviceGalaxy A32 Operating SystemANDROID 11 My Question or IssueWhenever I say hey spotify or press the voice search button, the app closes right away. I've tried deleting cache, reinstalling etc nothing works. Any help will be a...

•   Plan Premium Country Usa Device Galaxy A32  Operating System ANDROID 11   My Question or Issue Whenever I say hey spotify or press the voice search button, the app close...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No puedo reproducir playlist descargadas

PlanPremiumPaísArgentinaDispositivoMoto G20Sistema operativoAndroid 11 Mi pregunta o problemaHola! hace tiempo descargue varias de mis playlists, pero cuando pongo modo offline o no tengo conexion no me deja reproducir y no entiendo cual es el proble...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium País Argentina Dispositivo Moto G20 Sistema operativo Android 11   Mi pregunta o problema Hola! hace tiempo descargue varias de mis playlists, pero cuando pongo modo offli...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline download
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics Not Appearing for me even with a new phone

I have upgraded to my phone from the S21 Ultra to the S22 Ultra. Notice that my lyrics are also no appearing on this phone. I would like a fix. Unable to work on my S21 now S22. Please anyone who can help me fix this problem... Ive tried clearing cac...

• Casual Listener
  • I have upgraded to my phone from the S21 Ultra to the S22 Ultra. Notice that my lyrics are also no appearing on this phone. I would like a fix. Unable to work on my S21 now S22. Please anyone who can...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • App & Features
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution adding Stations

Im suppose to be able to add stations with Scroll up or down to change the station.Tap (+) in the top-left corner to add a station.I cant see any + on the top-left corner because the app is "on the whole screeen". Looks like a background image and no...

• Regular
  • Im suppose to be able to add stations with  Scroll up or down to change the station. Tap (+) in the top-left corner to add a station. I cant see any + on the top-left corner becau...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue button unclickable for album radio playing sessions

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDeviceOneplus 9Spotify version8.7.8.1206Operating SystemAndroid 12My Question or IssueIn certain states(reproduction below) - the queue button becomes unclickable so the queue can't be observed or manipulated (apart from addin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Israel Device Oneplus 9 Spotify version 8.7.8.1206 Operating System Android 12 My Question or Issue In certain states(reproduction below) - the queue button becomes un...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded podcasts disappear in Offline mode

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceSamsung Galaxy s21Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI have no wifi until Febuary 1st and I'm trying to conserve my limited data by using the download function for podcats. I have 95 episodes downloaded and I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device Samsung Galaxy s21 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I have no wifi until Febuary 1st and I'm trying to conserve my limited da...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • App & Features
    Podcast Discussion
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs indicate they have lyrics but don't show them

PlanPremium Family (I'm the account payment is linked to)CountryUnited StatesDeviceGalaxy Z Flip 3Operating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or Issue So every other person on my family account has lyrics except for me, the guy that actually pays for it. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family (I'm the account payment is linked to) Country United States Device Galaxy Z Flip 3 Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue   So every other person...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    lyrics
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Lyrics doesn't work in my account

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceXiaomi Mi A3Operating SystemAndroid one (Android 11) My Question or IssueLyrics doesn't appear in when logged into my account, but when I use another account they do. I tried reinstalling and rebooting like 20 times in 4 ...

•  Plan Premium Country Spain Device Xiaomi Mi A3 Operating System Android one (Android 11)   My Question or Issue Lyrics doesn't appear in when logged into my account, but when I u...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android] Reinstate the scroll bar on playlists

Android user. I used to be able to use the scroll bar on the right side of a playlist and just drag it to quickly move to a position in the playlist. Now this feature no longer exists. It is super hard to scroll through a playlist like my Liked Songs...

• Android user. I used to be able to use the scroll bar on the right side of a playlist and just drag it to quickly move to a position in the playlist. Now this feature no longer exists. It is super ha...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution I cant see lyrics

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceHonor 8XOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI cant see lyrics on my phone but i can see on computer or another mobile device

•   Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Honor 8X Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I cant see lyrics on my phone but i can see on computer or another mobile device&...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Like Icon appears too large/at incorrect size

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceGoogle Pixel 5Operating SystemAndroid 12LSpotify VersionAlpha Channel/8.7.10.127My Question or IssueThe like button appears too large/at an incorrect size randomly when opening the song full-screen view. It doesn'...

Screenshot_20220222-164034.png Screenshot_20220222-163131.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Google Pixel 5 Operating System Android 12L Spotify Version Alpha Channel/8.7.10.127 My Question or Issue The like button appears too large/at...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Joe Rogan Podcast does not play

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA Device(Both Samsung Galaxy S7 and S20 FE 5g)Operating System(Android) My Question or IssueI cannot play JRE podcast on my device. It says "video cannot play in your location" but I just want to listen to audio. It does not w...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan: Premium Country: USA   Device (Both Samsung Galaxy S7 and S20 FE 5g) Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue I cannot play JRE podcast on my device. It says...
  • bobhansen128
  • Regular
  • 20 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Song progress bar goes beyond song length while connected to speaker device

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceGoogle Pixel 3aOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueEssentially, when I listen to a song through my speakers using Spotify connect, the progress bar stops at the end and the live time stamp of the song ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Google Pixel 3a Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue Essentially, when I listen to a song through my speakers using Spotify con...
  • Elena
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android] Spotify notification player acts like multiple songs are playing

DeviceGalaxy Z Fold 2Operating SystemAndroid 11My Question or IssueFor the last several weeks, I've been dealing with a really annoying issue with my Spotify player, and it only seems to be getting worse. Around beginning December, my pull down notif...

• Device Galaxy Z Fold 2 Operating System Android 11 My Question or Issue For the last several weeks, I've been dealing with a really annoying issue with my Spotify player, and it only seems to be...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    bug fix
    Help
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes