Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify music Offline stops after a few minutes on Samsung Galaxy phone

PlanPremium Country DeviceSamsung Galaxy A10Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueHi all,My SAMSUNG GALAXY A10 stops playing music on Offline Mode after a fewminutes.Searching through the help forum this issue hasn't really helped- I've been...

•   Plan Premium   Country   Device Samsung Galaxy A10 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Hi all, My SAMSUNG GALAXY A10 stops playing music on Offline...
  • javiseh
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Samsung music stops
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Chromecast broken?

Getting "Can't play this right now" against both Chromcast devices I have from within Spotify. Other apps work fine with Chromecast. Any ideas? I'm using the release version of Spotify.

• Visitor
  • Getting "Can't play this right now" against both Chromcast devices I have from within Spotify. Other apps work fine with Chromecast. Any ideas? I'm using the release version of Spotify.
  • naguz
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

Local Files Won't Play On Android

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceAndroid LG Operating SystemWindows My Question or IssueHi! I've been using Spotify on my phone for years, and I have Premium. Until now, local files that I put on my computer transferred over to my phone just fine after co...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Android LG  Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue Hi! I've been using Spotify on my phone for years, and I have Premium. Until no...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Local files not downloading
    Mac
    PC
    Phone app
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Is there a way to get an older version of the spotify app on android?

Its been 6 months since they updated their app and It's still pretty much a big screw you to the free users removing functions so they could put in premium which is a shame. And they're not doing anything to fix it. So if theres a way to find an olde...

• Roadie
  •    Its been 6 months since they updated their app and It's still pretty much a big screw you to the free users removing functions so they could put in premium which is a shame. And they're...
  • LatentTwist
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback skipping on pixel4

PlanPremium duoCountryCanadaDeviceGoogle pixel 4Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI signed up for premium duo yesterday and sent an invite to my girlfriend. When she is trying to listen to songs, the playback is skipping and pausing and ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium duo Country Canada Device Google pixel 4 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I signed up for premium duo yesterday and sent an invite to my girlfriend. When...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music Randomly Pausing on Android

Like i said in title, Spotify randomly pauses the song and keep playing after 1-2 seconds. I tried to turn off the battery optimization, restarting phone, clean install of Spotify, even factory reset. But none of them didn't help. What can I do? *i c...

• Visitor
  • Like i said in title, Spotify randomly pauses the song and keep playing after 1-2 seconds. I tried to turn off the battery optimization, restarting phone, clean install of Spotify, even factory reset...
  • Rvo20
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Compatibility with OnePlus 6T

Hello, I just Hard rested my device and as I was restoring my apps, all succeeded except Spotify. I'm using OnePlus 6T. The device is running OxygenOS 10.3.3 on top of Android 10.

• Visitor
  • Hello, I just Hard rested my device and as I was restoring my apps, all succeeded except Spotify. I'm using OnePlus 6T. The device is running OxygenOS  10.3.3 on top of Android 10. 
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • compatibility
    OnePlus 6t
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to delete downloaded songs?

I have spotify for android, and recently it came to my attention that someone had hacked into my account (someone kept playing music on a device that was unfamiliar). I managed to fix the issue, logged out of all devices, changed my password and emai...

• Visitor
  • I have spotify for android, and recently it came to my attention that someone had hacked into my account (someone kept playing music on a device that was unfamiliar). I managed to fix the issue, logg...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Order playlists when adding songs

When I want to add a song to a playlist, can I reorder playlists to help find the right one? I know when I go to my library I can choose the order when searching for a playlist, but if I find a song I like and want to add it to a playlist clicking on...

• When I want to add a song to a playlist, can I reorder playlists to help find the right one? I know when I go to my library I can choose the order when searching for a playlist, but if I find a song ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Suggested songs / repeat button

My playlist keeps playing suggested songs. Yes I have autoplay turned off, yes I have log off and log back in and restarted my device. Another thing is where is the repeat buttonPlanFreeCountryUsaDeviceKyocera duroforceOperating SystemAndroid My Ques...

• Visitor
  • My playlist keeps playing suggested songs. Yes I have autoplay turned off, yes I have log off and log back in and restarted my device.  Another thing is where is the repeat button Plan Free ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Keeps Closing

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 9Operating SystemAndroid 10My Question or IssueSince last week spotify keeps closing every time I try to do something with another app. In the past I will play games in apps such as happy color, rummikub, facebook...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Device Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Operating System Android 10 My Question or Issue Since last week spotify keeps closing every time I try to do something with another app. In t...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Mobile
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playback speed button not working

Oprating SystemAndroid 9 Spotify Version8.5.18.932 My IssueWhen I'm connected using Spotify Connect and playing an episode, the playback speed button is available, but changing the selected value doesn't do anything. I noticed that on the desktop cli...

• Oprating System Android 9   Spotify Version 8.5.18.932   My Issue When I'm connected using Spotify Connect and playing an episode, the playback speed button is available, but changin...
  • walklightly
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution 10 mi. off

PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceSony Xpeia XZOperating System Android 9 Offline music playback stops after 10 minutes. I deleted the application and the data on the SD card. It worked, but the next day the problem returned.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device Sony Xpeia XZ Operating System  Android 9   Offline music playback stops after 10 minutes. I deleted the application and the data ...
  • i1h
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify deletes my downloaded playlist on Fiio M9

PlanPremiumCountrySweden DeviceFiio M9Operating SystemAndroid Hi all,I have a very annoying problem with Spotify constantly deleting my downloaded playlists on my Fiio M9 every time I turn it off or if it runs out of battery. I saw someone else with ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden   Device Fiio M9 Operating System Android   Hi all, I have a very annoying problem with Spotify constantly deleting my downloaded playlists on my Fiio...
  • jerem91
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Play-Bug

I like to hear my music via bluetooth on my mobile speaker. However since a few days whenever I try to play Music on it all i can hear is the first millisecond and then it pauses. It works properly on my Sonos Play1 and my Pc but my Phone I keep havi...

• Visitor
  • I like to hear my music via bluetooth on my mobile speaker. However since a few days whenever I try to play Music on it all i can hear is the first millisecond and then it pauses. It works properly o...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle kann nicht ausgeschaltet werden

PlanFreeCountry: Deutschland DeviceSamsung S10Operating System  Ich kann den Shuffle Modus nicht ausschalten. Jedes Lied , was ich auswähle , wird mir in einer Playlist angezeigt und ich kann es nicht direkt anwählen. Das gleiche bei Hörbüchern, auch...

Screenshot_20200527-191521_Spotify.jpg
  • Visitor
  •   Plan Free Country: Deutschland    Device Samsung S10 Operating System       Ich kann den Shuffle Modus nicht ausschalten. Jedes Lied , was ich auswähle , wir...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play next song in See all songs

PlanPremiumCountry TurkeyDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8,Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or IssueI recently updated my Spotify app, but since then I can not play through my search results. When the song that I select ends, it repeats itself than pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Turkey Device Samsung Galaxy S8, Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue I recently updated my Spotify app, but since then I can not play throu...
  • PeterYedidia
  • 21 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 14 likes

How to stop spotify opening on phone when using it with amazon echo

I have an amazon echo at home, connected to spotifyI have spotify installed on my mobile, and use android auto whilst commuting - but tend to listen to google musicWhen I'm driving in the car listening to something on google music, suddenly without w...

• I have an amazon echo at home, connected to spotify I have spotify installed on my mobile, and use android auto whilst commuting - but tend to listen to google music When I'm driving in the car li...
  • ml-au_9u3ghb8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Organizing Downloaded Podcasts

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceHuawei Honor 6xOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Is there any way to organize downloaded episodes of podcasts, or create a playlist from them?

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device Huawei Honor 6x Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  Is there any way to organize downloaded episodes of podcasts, or create a pl...
  • Rooks103
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes

Anyone else seeing a new playlist size limit controlling Connect via Android app?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI have been a premium user for years and I have discovered a new behavior by Spotify Connect ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I have ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes