Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect not working on Android, iOS en macOS is working fine

Hi, using Spotify on Apple TV. Works great.Now want to use my Android app as a remote. The device is visible, but not able to connect. When i do it with Spotify on macOS or iOS it works great on my wifi. When it is playing (by using iOS or macOS) as ...

• Visitor
  • Hi, using Spotify on Apple TV. Works great. Now want to use my Android app as a remote. The device is visible, but not able to connect. When i do it with Spotify on macOS or iOS it works great on my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 'Waiting to download' local files on Android

PlanPremium CountrySingapore DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8 Operating SystemAndroid version 8.0.0 My Question or Issue Hi,I have been able to download/listen to local files on my Android for a period until recently.The Spotify app (on my Android) kept showin...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium   Country Singapore    Device Samsung Galaxy 8   Operating System Android version 8.0.0   My Question or Issue   Hi, I have been able...
  • lufferdrop
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

When turning the screen off, Spotify pauses until the screen is back on again

PlanPremium CountryUnited Kingdom DeviceSamsung Galaxy S10+Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueHello everyone. I am really **bleep** off. I've been using Spotify for 5 years and this problem never seems to be fixed. Note, that my actual acc...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Country United Kingdom   Device Samsung Galaxy S10+ Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Hello everyone. I am really **bleep** off. I've been us...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

deleting songs from playlist on mobile

This is something that I have always wanted and felt would be very useful, especially since I'm trying to cut out the random songs in my 3200 song phone playlist. We are able to star, why not add a big red X to remove the song? Other than that the an...

• Casual Listener
  • This is something that I have always wanted and felt would be very useful, especially since I'm trying to cut out the random songs in my 3200 song phone playlist. We are able to star, why not add a b...
  • blakeanthony
  • Visitor
  • 16 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 11 likes

Liked songs playlist isn’t showing for android TV app

PlanPremium CountrySingaporeDeviceNvidia Shield TVOperating SystemAndroid TV 8.0.1 My Question or IssueI can’t seem to find my liked songs playlist on my android TV app even if it’s my last played playlist. The solution I found for now is to play it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium  Country Singapore Device Nvidia Shield TV Operating System Android TV 8.0.1   My Question or Issue I can’t seem to find my liked songs playlist on my android TV app ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs pause when phone locks.

PlanStudent PremiumCountryUK DeviceSamsung 10Operating System My Question or Issue When my phone locks, or the screen goes into sleep mode, the music pauses. As soon as I unlock the phone or press the lock button and wake the screen up, the music pla...

• Plan Student Premium Country UK   Device Samsung 10 Operating System     My Question or Issue   When my phone locks, or the screen goes into sleep mode, the music paus...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Lock Screen Issues
    Music pauses
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Random play on filtered playlist negates filter

This is on Android Pixel XL, Android O, latest app version as of Sept 21, 2018. This has been happening for at least a few months, and been increasingly frustrating for me. I often filter my "Starred" playlist (say, to listen to only the songs by an ...

• Regular
  • This is on Android Pixel XL, Android O, latest app version as of Sept 21, 2018.   This has been happening for at least a few months, and been increasingly frustrating for me. I often filter my...
  • thisrunson
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    filter
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Song names not showing

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDeviceOp6tOperating SystemAndroid 9, oos My Question or IssueI generally can't see a complete list of songs in the up next queue. See attachment. Sometimes it works, but usually not...

• Plan Premium Country Finland Device Op6t Operating System Android 9, oos   My Question or Issue I generally can't see a complete list of songs in the up next queue. See attachment. Som...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Multiple Song Entries for same song

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceSanding gauzy s10eOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueI have downloaded liked songs and if I go to an album that I want to add a song from, the songs i already like don't show up as such so I will like it agai...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device Sanding gauzy s10e Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue I have downloaded liked songs and if I go to an album that I want to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify randomly pauses music?

The same problem used to happen on my Galaxy S8 and I already made sure that it's not sleeping apps and spotify has access to run in the backgrounds. Now I'm on my S10 and it's still doing the same pausing randomly thing, even when I'm navigating my ...

• Casual Listener
  • The same problem used to happen on my Galaxy S8 and I already made sure that it's not sleeping apps and spotify has access to run in the backgrounds. Now I'm on my S10 and it's still doing the same p...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
    Galaxy S10
    galaxy s8
    Help
    Music pausing
    music stopping
    Samsung
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

SD card downloads unusable with Android app, they are lost anytime the phone is rebooted

The current version of the Spotify app is completely broken: if downloads are saved to an external SD card, all of them are lost as soon as the phone is rebooted, even if the SD card is not touched. As soon as the phone finishes booting, a notificati...

• Gig Goer
  • The current version of the Spotify app is completely broken: if downloads are saved to an external SD card, all of them are lost as soon as the phone is rebooted, even if the SD card is not touched. ...
  • CaptainDubious
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps adding albums for download without me doing anything

Android 7.1. Samsung Galaxy S7, latest version of spotify. Every time I go to an album spotify keeps enabling download album on its own and it's getting very annoying. Last time I enabled wifi, spotify started starting to download like 20 albums that...

• Music Fan
  • Android 7.1. Samsung Galaxy S7, latest version of spotify.   Every time I go to an album spotify keeps enabling download album on its own and it's getting very annoying. Last time I enabled wi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify suddenly stopped playing sound in car through bluetooth or android auto

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9 plusOperating System Android My Question or IssueYesterday when playing through my car stereo on android auto the sound suddenly stopped. It now won't play through Bluetooth either. The app and car stereo s...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy S9 plus Operating System  Android    My Question or Issue Yesterday when playing through my car stereo on android auto t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't download any local files onto mobile

Plan: Family PremiumCountry: United StatesDevice: LG G7 ThinQOperating System: Android 9 on phone, Windows 10 on computerMy Question or Issue: I can't download local files from my computer to my phone. I used to be able to do it, but then I wanted to...

• Visitor
  •   Plan: Family Premium Country: United States Device: LG G7 ThinQ Operating System: Android 9 on phone, Windows 10 on computer My Question or Issue: I can't download local files from my com...
  • ofthemasses
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Saving albums doesn't save songs?

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceGoogle Pixel 2 XLOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueWhen I saved albums in the past, all the songs in that album would also be saved to my library. That hasn't been the case since the latest update, and I want...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Google Pixel 2 XL Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue When I saved albums in the past, all the songs in that album would also be saved ...
  • alv21
  • Visitor
  • 14 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Android
    Premium
    saving music
    saving songs
  • 14 replies
  • 11 likes

Spotify Connect does not work with Alexa

PlanPremiumCountry US DeviceGalaxy Note 10 plus and S9 PlusOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueApp version 8.5.21.754 betaWhen you choose Echo from the Spotify Connect menu stays stuck on connecting. Tried to unlink Spotify from Alexa app a...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device Galaxy Note 10 plus and S9 Plus Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue App version 8.5.21.754 beta When you choose Echo from the Spoti...
  • ooblix
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Alexa
    Alexa Echo
    Spotify Conect
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth issue

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceOnePlus 6When I connect this phone to my car's Bluetooth Spotify doesn't play through the car. The phone shows it as playing but the car doesn't display that it's playing and there is no sound coming from the car or phone. ...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country UK  Device OnePlus 6 When I connect this phone to my car's Bluetooth Spotify doesn't play through the car. The phone shows it as playing but the car doesn't di...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Filtering Music on Android

PlanStudent PremiumCountryUSADeviceOnePlus 6T My Question or IssueSo I used to be able to go into my liked songs and, for example, type Bradio into the "find in liked songs" box and it would only play Bradio songs, whether I have it on shuffle or not...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Student Premium Country USA Device OnePlus 6T   My Question or Issue So I used to be able to go into my liked songs and, for example, type Bradio into the "find in liked son...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The New UI Sucks

I've been using spotify for almost 4 years now and it's been great. Then this new update with the change in UI came out. It's been a couple months and I hated it at first but I thought I'd try it. A couple months of this and I still hate it. The libr...

• Regular
  • I've been using spotify for almost 4 years now and it's been great. Then this new update with the change in UI came out. It's been a couple months and I hated it at first but I thought I'd try it. A ...
  • whbale
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Downloading Premium Music

DeviceMotorola Supra E5 My Question or IssueSo, I have looked at a few forums before, but everything I've tried leads me to dead ends. I've given the app Storage permissions, and it works up until I actually want to download songs. It gets stuck in a...

• Visitor
  • Device Motorola Supra E5   My Question or Issue So, I have looked at a few forums before, but everything I've tried leads me to dead ends. I've given the app Storage permissions, and it work...
  • Luan
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes