Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Wie kann man in der Android App die Wiedergabe beenden?

Ich wuerde gern die Option Crossfading aendern. Das geht aber nicht da diese Option waehrend einer Wiedergabe ausgegraut ist.Wie kann ich die Weidergabe beenden? Im Player habe ich keine Moeglichkeit gefunden.Ein Neustart pausiert zwar die Weidergabe...

• Ich wuerde gern die Option Crossfading aendern. Das geht aber nicht da diese Option waehrend einer Wiedergabe ausgegraut ist. Wie kann ich die Weidergabe beenden? Im Player habe ich keine Moeglichke...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

is there any way to play "your likes" like a playlist, rather than just 10 second previews?

on the latest pc version of Spotify, I can see all of my liked music and play it like one continuous playlist. on the mobile version, however, it will only allow me to play 10-second song previews and there seems to be no way of fixing the issue shor...

• on the latest pc version of Spotify, I can see all of my liked music and play it like one continuous playlist. on the mobile version, however, it will only allow me to play 10-second song previe...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Problem with downloaded music

The problem I have is that when I download music I can no longer delete them, when I press the slide next to download the icon of downloaded is still there an I still can lisent the songs offline.

• The problem I have is that when I download music I can no longer delete them, when I press the slide next to download the icon of downloaded is still there an I still can lisent the songs offline.&nb...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android problems

I can't change the song on the locked screen of my S8

• I can't change the song on the locked screen of my S8
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I have a OnePlus 3T and since last week spotify is not working while the WiFi is connected.

I've tried installing an older version of Spotify as they say in blogs but doesn't work either, I have Spotify Premium and it says that I'm offline while I'm connected to the WiFi, but it works with the 4G. Someone help?

• I've tried installing an older version of Spotify as they say in blogs but doesn't work either, I have Spotify Premium and it says that I'm offline while I'm connected to the WiFi, but it works with ...
  • HowardN
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes

No pictures are showing

So. Today all of a sudden all the pictures on the Spotify app won't show, but last night they were working just fine. It was happening before the latest update. I updated and it still wasn't working. I have tried everything: Clean install, restart de...

• Regular
  • So. Today all of a sudden all the pictures on the Spotify app won't show, but last night they were working just fine. It was happening before the latest update. I updated and it still wasn't working....
  • WizardHoovy
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

[SOLUTION] Spotify wont download songs on Android, read "downloading 0 out of 0 (0% complete)

I was having an issue downloading music on Spotify on my Galaxy S7. Most of my music had downloaded to my phone, but I starated downloading some random playlists to check out some new music and it froze in the middle of one of them and in my pull dow...

• I was having an issue downloading music on Spotify on my Galaxy S7. Most of my music had downloaded to my phone, but I starated downloading some random playlists to check out some new music and it fr...
  • Dazza4
  • 4 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Android
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Songs won't download
    won't download
  • 4 replies
  • 12 likes

Neverending song

Every time i listen to (Sittin'On) The Dock Of The Bay - Otis Redding it stays frozen in the last seconds. Closing and reopening the application doesn't improve. I hope that you solve this problem.

• Every time i listen to (Sittin'On) The Dock Of The Bay - Otis Redding it stays frozen in the last seconds. Closing and reopening the application doesn't improve. I hope that you solve this problem.
  • SimplyNetwork
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to use Bluetooth controls

I'm not sure what changed but my Spotify no longer works with most Bluetooth controls. I am unable to pause/play music with my jaybird x2 or my Asus zenwatch 3. Any advice would be appreciated.

• I'm not sure what changed but my Spotify no longer works with most Bluetooth controls. I am unable to pause/play music with my jaybird x2 or my Asus zenwatch 3. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • t3brown
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Ad Glitch

An ad attempted to start playing, however it froze and there's no way to get out of it. I can hit the play button, but the only thing that moves is the time bar thing at the bottom, no sound or picture. Once it gets to the 'end' of the ad, it just st...

• Casual Listener
  • An ad attempted to start playing, however it froze and there's no way to get out of it. I can hit the play button, but the only thing that moves is the time bar thing at the bottom, no sound or pictu...
  • Ash419
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Store playlist on my sd card

Hi everyone, I have a problem, I can't store my play list (4gb) on my sd card because I don't have the option to choose the folder on the spotty settings on my Huawei p9 lite (android). I don't want my playlist store on my internal storage, please he...

• Regular
  • Hi everyone, I have a problem, I can't store my play list (4gb) on my sd card because I don't have the option to choose the folder on the spotty settings on my Huawei p9 lite (android).   I do...
  • Angelous0204
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

saving music on SD Card

I've recently bought a new SD Card because I was running out of space in my phone. since I've a lot of music on my account I decided to move it to the external storage so I could free some space in the internal one. but since I've moved the songs, th...

• I've recently bought a new SD Card because I was running out of space in my phone. since I've a lot of music on my account I decided to move it to the external storage so I could free some space in t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • sd card
    storage
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage issues

Hi, I've an Huawei P9 Lite and I can't move my offline downloads on the SD card. Otherwise on an Huawei P10 Lite i can do it. My question is: why? Why in my phone I can't move it and in a new phone I can do it? Hope that anybody can help me because I...

• Hi, I've an Huawei P9 Lite and I can't move my offline downloads on the SD card. Otherwise on an Huawei P10 Lite i can do it. My question is: why? Why in my phone I can't move it and in a new phone I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Carpeta de Descarga

Antes me permitia configurar donde almacenar mi descarga. Por inconvenientes con mi equipo, lo reinicie a modo de fabrica y cuando volvi a instalar la aplicacion la opcion ya no figura. Ya no se puede elegir donde descargar?

• Antes me permitia configurar donde almacenar mi descarga. Por inconvenientes con mi equipo, lo reinicie a modo de fabrica y cuando volvi a instalar la aplicacion la opcion ya no figura. Ya no se pued...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Assistant keeps asking me to sign in with the same account, even though I have. What gives?

I activate Google assistant and ask it to play a song on Spotify. It says okay, playing song X by Band on Spotify. Then it asks me to sign into Spotify with the same account as Google Assistant. I sign into Spotify with my email that I use on Google,...

• I activate Google assistant and ask it to play a song on Spotify. It says okay, playing song X by Band on Spotify. Then it asks me to sign into Spotify with the same account as Google Assistant. I si...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My premium account doesnt work, but they keep removing the money of my bank monthly.

My premium account suddenly doesnt work, but they monthly keep removing 10 euro of my bank. I hope this can be fixed, otherwise i would gladly filled a complain.

• My premium account suddenly doesnt work, but they monthly keep removing 10 euro of my bank. I hope this can be fixed, otherwise i would gladly filled a complain.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Google Assistant integration with Spotify

I just got my new Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. Wondering if anybody else is having an issue with Google Assistant integration with Spotify. When I tell Google Assistant to play a song it's sometimes open Spotify but it never plays the song. Hope someone c...

• I just got my new Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. Wondering if anybody else is having an issue with Google Assistant integration with Spotify. When I tell Google Assistant to play a song it's sometimes open ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Won't skip tracks on Android Auto

Since yesterday Android Auto has a different set of buttons when in the player view, and will only play about 5 or 6 songs before not allowing you to skip any more tracks.

• Since yesterday Android Auto has a different set of buttons when in the player view, and will only play about 5 or 6 songs before not allowing you to skip any more tracks.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

BUG-ANDROID Incorrect storage report causing full internal memory

Spotify app is set to download all files to external SD card *and does so correctly as seen in external SD storage space Android UI still reporting that internal memory space being taken up by Spotify files (the same files that are actually being sto...

• Visitor
  • Spotify app is set to download all files to external SD card *and does so correctly as seen in external SD storage space   Android UI still reporting that internal memory space being taken up ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify app looses the ability to connect to internet

Hi, I'm having trouble with Spotify app. Happened twice already in last 10 days or so. I'm listening to some music, when it stops playing and says I'm offline and it simply ignores the fact the internet runs on my phone with no problem at all. I can ...

• Hi, I'm having trouble with Spotify app. Happened twice already in last 10 days or so. I'm listening to some music, when it stops playing and says I'm offline and it simply ignores the fact the inter...
  • NgWengHim99
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes