Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't work properly on my BQ tablet

Hi, since I downloaded Spotify for my BQ tablet, it has had several problems. Sometimes it can't work when connected to wi-fi, and it also stops when playing a song or when it goes to other song for no reason and you have to wait some minutes (someti...

• Hi, since I downloaded Spotify for my BQ tablet, it has had several problems. Sometimes it can't work when connected to wi-fi, and it also stops when playing a song or when it goes to other song for ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No internet connection after new router

Hi I changed our router yesterday and now I am not able to connect to Spotify (the rest of tings running on our wifi is working fine. I have tried to reinstall the Spotify app and now I'm not even able to wifi log in to Spotify. It just says there is...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi  I changed our router yesterday and now I am not able to connect to Spotify (the rest of tings running on  our wifi is working fine.    I have tried to reinstall the Spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

I want the like button alongside other controls in notification/locked bar.

Right now there's only previous, pause/play, and forward. I hate having to unlock my device and pull up the app to like a song.

• Right now there's only previous, pause/play, and forward. I hate having to unlock my device and pull up the app to like a song.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download Spotify from Google Play

I'm trying to get Spotify to my daughter. I have exactly the same type of phone, Huawei P8 Lite. I have Spotify and it's working fine. When trying to download it to my daughter I receive an error that tells that there is some "content filter level is...

• I'm trying to get Spotify to my daughter. I have exactly the same type of phone, Huawei P8 Lite. I have Spotify and it's working fine. When trying to download it to my daughter I receive an error tha...
  • PS333
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can not link my account to facebook

HiI tried to share my playlist on facebook but there is a message that my account on spoitfy is linked to another account. I do not even know what it means. I have always had this account, but spoitfy can not connect me to facebook. RegardsRicky Sind...

• Hi I tried to share my playlist on facebook but there is a message that my account on spoitfy is linked to another account. I do not even know what it means. I have always had this account, but spoi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Add support for Google ChromeCast

Spotify will not cast to either Chromcast device from my Android after I linked the app to my PS4. It seems I also can not forget a connected device.

• Spotify will not cast to either Chromcast device from my Android after I linked the app to my PS4. It seems I also can not forget a connected device.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I stop shuffle in a playlist I have created?

I created a playlist and want to play it in order. I can do this on my computer but not on my Samsung 8 Android. How do I turn the shuffle function off on the phone app?

• Casual Listener
  • I created a playlist and want to play it in order.  I can do this on my computer but not on my Samsung 8 Android.  How do I turn the shuffle function off on the phone app?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Huawei lockscreen problem

HiOn my Huawei P9 plus spotify controls don't appear in the lockscreen I tried to turn on keep on lockscreen in the notifications settings and I also tried to uninstall and reinstall spotify but nothing happenedAny solutions?

• Hi On my Huawei P9 plus spotify controls don't appear in the lockscreen  I tried to turn on keep on lockscreen in the notifications settings and I also tried to uninstall and reinstall spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Control Spotify with gear s3

Hello,I have had Spotify for quite some time now and still love it. I used to have an Asus Zen Watch 2. When this died I got the Gear S3. With the Zen watch I could control Spotify without looking at my phone. Now fast forward to the gear S3. It will...

• Regular
  • Hello, I have had Spotify for quite some time now and still love it. I used to have an Asus Zen Watch 2.  When this died I got the Gear S3. With the Zen watch I could control Spotify without lo...
  • Milkovr
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Donde puedo ver las canciones en la cual le puse me gusta

Quisiera saber donde se guardan las canciones de los mix que solo le pongo me gusta (el corazón de la izquierda) y no las he guardado en mi biblioteca

• Casual Listener
  • Quisiera saber donde se guardan las canciones de los mix que solo le pongo me gusta (el corazón de la izquierda) y no las he guardado en mi biblioteca
  • malejaz
  • 1 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 11 likes

spotify does not respond

I have deleted Spotify 5 times and until it doesen't work. Need help pls!!Thx

• I have deleted Spotify 5 times and until it doesen't work.  Need help pls!! Thx
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes when scrolling down menu

I'm having issues when opening menu, i can't scroll down, app just crashes and closes. I have the latest version, tried deleting and reinstalling and nothing happens, it's a bug. Running android 4.4.4

• Regular
  • I'm having issues when opening menu, i can't scroll down, app just crashes and closes. I have the latest version, tried deleting and reinstalling and nothing happens, it's a bug. Running android 4.4.4
  • Tinripp
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Access play queue from daily mix

Hello, Spotify. Sometimes I would like to quickly add songs to the playing queue when playing one of the daily mixes but the button for the complete queue (as described here) is not visible when playing from any of the daily mixes, only when playing ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, Spotify.   Sometimes I would like to quickly add songs to the playing queue when playing one of the daily mixes but the button for the complete queue (as described here) is not visible ...
  • Personman1021
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Commercial after every second song

I use Spotify Free and the voice says 'watch this spot for 30 minutes without commercials'. But after every second song there's one and it's unskippable and so annoying. Does anyone else have this problem and knows how to solve it?

• I use Spotify Free and the voice says 'watch this spot for 30 minutes without commercials'. But after every second song there's one and it's unskippable and so annoying. Does anyone else have this pr...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs get deleted from SD Card

Every now and again, I open my app just to see my songs are not downloaded on my phone. When I go to see the storage, I see it has changed from SD Card to Internal Memory. Why does this keep happening? My SD Card is encripted, maybe that has to do wi...

• Every now and again, I open my app just to see my songs are not downloaded on my phone. When I go to see the storage, I see it has changed from SD Card to Internal Memory. Why does this keep happenin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing music

I have spotify on my android and on my desktop at work. I noticed tons of my downloaded offline music was missing from my library on my phone. They are still showing up on my desktop however. If I remove and re-add the song on my desktop, it shows ba...

• I have spotify on my android and on my desktop at work.  I noticed tons of my downloaded offline music was missing from my library on my phone.  They are still showing up on my desktop howe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Fix your platform

After years of just dealing with the same constant issues with the Android App for Spotify I decided to check to see if there were fixes available. In searching for them online I found links with Solved: in front of them. Horray! Except none of the i...

• After years of just dealing with the same constant issues with the Android App for Spotify I decided to check to see if there were fixes available. In searching for them online I found links with Sol...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play songs after downloading

After I've downloaded songs, I can't play them anymore at offline mode. This only happens if I save data on SD card, but if it's on phone memory I can play song in offline mode. I tried to check why this happens and it gave me this. [ http://prntscr....

• After I've downloaded songs, I can't play them anymore at offline mode. This only happens if I save data on SD card, but if it's on phone memory I can play song in offline mode. I tried to check why ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify used all 1gb of my data downloading songs marked to download while in offline mode.

Hey, so as you can see, Spotify used all 1GB of my data downloading music while set to offline mode. I am really annoyed about this as it has ruined my plan to stream my going to Cardiff to trainspot this weekend. I'm PAYG with Vodafone so cannot jus...

• Hey, so as you can see, Spotify used all 1GB of my data downloading music while set to offline mode. I am really annoyed about this as it has ruined my plan to stream my going to Cardiff to trainspot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Keeps stopping and skipping songs

So I'm listenin to a podcast when it keeps stopping and then goes to a random episode, so I thought mathe it's just the podcast not working so I try listening to music (Rupual) and again it keeps stopping and starting and also it keeps skipping song....

• So I'm listenin to a podcast when it keeps stopping and then goes to a random episode, so I thought mathe it's just the podcast not working so I try listening to music (Rupual) and again it keeps sto...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes