Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Regular
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't login on android because I'm offline

I've been logged out of my Spotify on my android phone, and when I login it says I am offline and that I need to go online to login. But I can login on the internet, and there isn't an option to go online. How can I go online if I can't login!

• I've been logged out of my Spotify on my android phone, and when I login it says I am offline and that I need to go online to login. But I can login on the internet, and there isn't an option to go o...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't see both of my Denon units... only 1

I have 2 Denon units and the newer one, all of a sudden, my android phone and Surface Pro doesn't see it to stream Spotify to. Help!! I want my music!!! It has been working for like 3 years!!

• I have 2 Denon units and the newer one, all of a sudden, my android phone and Surface Pro doesn't see it to stream Spotify to.  Help!! I want my music!!!  It has been working for like 3 yea...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Brani

Dove si trovano tutti i brani di un artista su Android.Sarei grato se rispondere quanti prima

• Dove si trovano tutti i brani di un artista su Android.Sarei grato se rispondere quanti prima
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution I have spotify premium but can't use crossfade on phone

I have spotify premium but I can't use a lot of options, such as crossfade, on my phone (android, samsung galaxy S7). The weird thing is it's not like I have a free account because I don't get any adds when I listen to music. I checked my account on ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify premium but I can't use a lot of options, such as crossfade, on my phone (android, samsung galaxy S7). The weird thing is it's not like I have a free account because I don't get any ad...
  • Jennyg717
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect vs Bluesound (Node 2)

Hello, This question have been up several times on spotify community. Not one of my devices can find bluesound on spotify connect. I have:* uninstalled and reinstalled both Spotify and Bluos on several devices.* Disconnected all devices from spotify ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   This question have been up several times on spotify community.   Not one of my devices can find bluesound on spotify connect.   I have: * uninstalled and reinstalled bo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Equalizer disappeared

Hey, I've been using the equalizer and bass boost in Spotify with my OnePlus 3 and I loved the ability to make my music sound a lot richer. Today I updated my phone to Android Nougat and the equalizer and bass boost have disappeared. Help?

• Hey, I've been using the equalizer and bass boost in Spotify with my OnePlus 3 and I loved the ability to make my music sound a lot richer. Today I updated my phone to Android Nougat and the equalize...
  • leftyduece
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download Spotify - I have an account and it is available in my country

I bought a new device Samsung S8 in the USA and back to Portugal I wanted to install Spotify. I got a warning that it is not available in the country when O have my subscription running on other devices. I already clear Google play services cache, bu...

• Casual Listener
  • I bought a new device Samsung S8 in the USA and back to Portugal I wanted to install Spotify. I got a warning that it is not available in the country when O have my subscription running on other devi...
  • Ligurio
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Nur Zahlung per Kreditkarte moeglich

Ich moechte die Zahlung aendern auf Rechnung ueber SwisscomAbo das geht aber nicht bei mir zeigt es immer nur kreditkarte oder paypall an. Wie kann ich das aendern?

• Ich moechte die Zahlung aendern auf Rechnung ueber SwisscomAbo das geht aber nicht bei mir zeigt es immer nur kreditkarte oder paypall an. Wie kann ich das aendern? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

app crashes at android after certain search attempts

When trying to search certain patterns, like for example something starting with po, pi, am....my spotify app just crashes.Android at Samsung Galaxy.Any hint welcome. Thanks.

• Regular
  • When trying to search certain patterns, like for example something starting with po, pi, am....my spotify app just crashes. Android at Samsung Galaxy. Any hint welcome. Thanks.
  • jbl1788
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook Error when logging in

I am logged into the Facebook account that my spotify is connected to. The spotify app is still on my facebook app list. When i try to log in it says facebook error. All apps are updated as its a new phone (Huawei p8 lite 2017). Tried all other fixes...

• I am logged into the Facebook account that my spotify is connected to. The spotify app is still on my facebook app list. When i try to log in it says facebook error. All apps are updated as its a new...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify skips local file songs (android)

In order to listen to music spotify does not have, I put such music into itunes, edit the info and then add itunes as a source to Spotifys preferences. This works perfectly on my desktop computer and initially works for my android phone too when i sy...

• In order to listen to music spotify does not have, I put such music into itunes, edit the info and then add itunes as a source to Spotifys preferences. This works perfectly on my desktop computer and...
  • mongoose95
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist created on desktop not working properly on phone

I have created and populated a playlist on the Windows desktop app. I installed the mobile app on my Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo, and I could see the playlist and the songs there. However, aboult half the songs are greyed out and don't play, it simply skip...

• Regular
  • I have created and populated a playlist on the Windows desktop app. I installed the mobile app on my Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo, and I could see the playlist and the songs there. However, aboult half the ...
  • someboody
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Family Premium not working on phone

Hello,I recently joined my family's premium. But spotify does not recognize that I have premium on my phone. I am irritated that I cannot enjoy some of the premium features such as skipping songs, going back to previous songs, and seeing the next son...

• Hello, I recently joined my family's premium. But spotify does not recognize that I have premium on my phone. I am irritated that I cannot enjoy some of the premium features such as skipping songs, ...
  • Hebbs
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Oppo r9 and Spotify

I have an Oppo r9 and it will only play through Bluetooth in my car on the Kenwood DDX4 and not through the spotify car app. My husband can connect automatically through the app but he has an iPhone 6. Thoughts anyone???

• I have an Oppo r9 and it will only play through Bluetooth in my car on the Kenwood DDX4 and not through the spotify car app. My husband can connect automatically through the app but he has an iPhone ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

When i use spotify on my iPad,it pauses other media on my phone

When i use spotify on my iPad,it pauses other media on my phone (such as Pandora or media player) and vice-versa. If I try to listen to other media on my phone, the spotify app will pop up and cause the iPad to pause. What the heck is going on? Tempo...

• Casual Listener
  • When i use spotify on my iPad,it pauses other media on my phone (such as Pandora or media player) and vice-versa. If I try to listen to other media on my phone, the spotify app will pop up and cause ...
  • Ohstuffituparse
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files won't play on mobile?

Uploaded some local files to my desktop app, no problem (using Windows). Added it to a playlist and downloaded on both my desktop and my phone like you're supposed to, but the song won't download or play on my phone, only my laptop. They're connected...

• Casual Listener
  • Uploaded some local files to my desktop app, no problem (using Windows). Added it to a playlist and downloaded on both my desktop and my phone like you're supposed to, but the song won't download or ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode doesn't work

I have a newer Android device (smartphone) with the Spotify app. My phone is go phone so I do not get data, only wifi. I made several playlists and downloaded them (there is a green arrow indicating they are downloaded for offline use). When I turn m...

• I have a newer Android device (smartphone) with the Spotify app. My phone is go phone so I do not get data, only wifi. I made several playlists and downloaded them (there is a green arrow indicating ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music cuts out even offline

When I'm listening to spotify offline with Bluetooth the music cuts out or stalls. Any suggestions?

• Casual Listener
  • When I'm listening to spotify offline with Bluetooth the music cuts out or stalls. Any suggestions? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums or artists lists doesn't appear on my android device

Hi, I'm having a problem with Spotify on my android device. In my library, my device shows the songs list but not the albums list nor the artists list. How can I fix this? Thanks

• Hi,   I'm having a problem with Spotify on my android device. In my library, my device shows the songs list but not the albums list nor the artists list. How can I fix this?   Thanks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes