Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Como ouvir todas as músicas de um cantor?

Boa tarde. Fui por muitos anos usuáiro do Deezer e recentemente mudei para o Spotify. Estou com a seguinte dúvida: no Deezer, eu tinha a opção de listar todas as músicas de um cantor ou banda e ouvílas ordenando por populariade, ordem alfabética, etc...

• Casual Listener
  • Boa tarde. Fui por muitos anos usuáiro do Deezer e recentemente mudei para o Spotify.   Estou com a seguinte dúvida: no Deezer, eu tinha a opção de listar todas as músicas de um cantor ou band...
  • Mpacborges
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

The Android outlook

I've downloaded the latest Sporify app form the Google Store and since I haven't been using it for a while, I loved the new way everything looks inside the app. Although, the minute I signed up for the Premium, it went back to the old one. Is there a...

• I've downloaded the latest Sporify app form the Google Store and since I haven't been using it for a while, I loved the new way everything looks inside the app. Although, the minute I signed up for t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android Default Player

Android applications seem to support some form of integration with the Android OS to identify as a music player. Going to: Settings > Apps > *Gear Icon* > *Default Section* > Music app: I'm able to select which application on my phone should be the d...

• Regular
  • Android applications seem to support some form of integration with the Android OS to identify as a music player.   Going to: Settings > Apps > *Gear Icon* > *Default Section* > Mus...
  • francocm
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 7 likes

music stops after 4 songs

Im on cricket wireless and i just got the zte grand x 4. I reinstalled the spotify app and now after about four songs the music just stops playing even though it says in play mode but theres no sound and the time of the song stays the same.

• Regular
  • Im on cricket wireless and i just got the zte grand x 4. I reinstalled the spotify app and now after about four songs the music just stops playing even though it says in play mode but theres no sound...
  • ginger_415
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

[Chromecast] Crash when i play Playlist-radio

Hello my Chromecast Connection always crash when i play a Radio of an Playlist.I only can reproduce this on Android Smartphone/Tablet with newest Version.On Windows/Ubunut 16.04 it works fine. GreetingsChristian

• Casual Listener
  • Hello my Chromecast Connection always crash when i play a Radio of an Playlist. I only can reproduce this on Android Smartphone/Tablet with newest Version. On Windows/Ubunut 16.04 it works fine. &...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Thumbs status carries forward.

When I am listening to the radio and thumb down a song, the next song that comes up shows a thumbs down and I can't change it. If I thumb up a song, the next song that comes up shows a thumbs up and I can't change it. The only way to see the correct ...

• Regular
  • When I am listening to the radio and thumb down a song, the next song that comes up shows a thumbs down and I can't change it. If I thumb up a song, the next song that comes up shows a thumbs up and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Song showing last song's thumb choice
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All songs deleted

I had all my songs in my SD card. Everything was working just fine until a random SD card connectivity error occured. Error was saying can't read the SD card. I wanted to check the error and went into Spotify to check the status of songs (wanted to s...

• Casual Listener
  • I had all my songs in my SD card. Everything was working just fine until a random SD card connectivity error occured. Error was saying can't read the SD card. I wanted to check the error and went int...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All downloaded tracks deleted.. again

Dear developers,It has been 2 years since I started using Spotify Premium and I will finally report a problem that has been annoying me too much now. I've used the app on my Oneplus One most of the time, and every month or so, I found my entire libra...

• Dear developers, It has been 2 years since I started using Spotify Premium and I will finally report a problem that has been annoying me too much now.  I've used the app on my Oneplus One most...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about streaming and downloading.

Hello, I plan to getting a spotify premium for myself and share the account with another friend. I have read that we can both login on Spotify but no more than ONE person can stream music at the same time. My question is, If I set a few albums on dow...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I plan to getting a spotify premium for myself and share the account with another friend. I have read that we can both login on Spotify but no more than ONE person can stream music at the same...
  • P_G1
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not open

We lost power to our house. After it was restored Spotify will not open on our Samsung smart TV. Any ides please

• We lost power to our house. After it was restored Spotify will not open on our Samsung smart TV. Any ides please 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My playlists are gone!

That! I have a trouble with my account, then i restar my password! But when im in again on my account, all of my playlist are gone! But if i search my public ones, i can see it AND modified, but in the playlist section i cant see it? Some help?

• That! I have a trouble with my account, then i restar my password! But when im in again on my account, all of my playlist are gone! But if i search my public ones, i can see it AND modified, but in t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading songs

Hello. Im using Spotify Premium on my iPhone. I seem to have this problem. When I donwload songs from a playlist or when I download a whole playlist, the songs in the playlist do not apear in my "songs" list (which I assume is where all my downloaded...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. Im using Spotify Premium on my iPhone. I seem to have this problem. When I donwload songs from a playlist or when I download a whole playlist, the songs in the playlist do not apear in my "son...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! last.fm error: wrong username or password.

Hi,Since I installed spotify on my new phone, I get an error when trying to activate last.fm scrobbling. It tells me "wrong username or password" while the same credentials work fine on the last.fm website. I already changed my password but no change...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Since I installed spotify on my new phone, I get an error when trying to activate last.fm scrobbling. It tells me "wrong username or password" while the same credentials work fine on the last....
  • ruyaguilar
  • 19 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    last.fm
  • 19 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Disconnects Bluetooth

I'm using an Android phone and a bluetooth speaker. They connect fine, and if I go on YouTube or any other app it plays through the bluetooth speaker without any problems. As soon as I open Spotify and play a song, a message shows saying: 'Bluetooth ...

• I'm using an Android phone and a bluetooth speaker. They connect fine, and if I go on YouTube or any other app it plays through the bluetooth speaker without any problems.   As soon as I open ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Profile pic

How can I put up a profile pic without logging with Facebook? Thanks to whoever will reply to this

• Casual Listener
  • How can I put up a profile pic without logging with Facebook? Thanks to whoever will reply to this 
  • anna000
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in on Android ('You are currently offline')

Hi everyone, app worked fine for months. As I opened it today it prompted me to log in - which is weird since I didn't actively log out the last time (I never do). Upon entering my correct credentials the app tells me I need to go online because I'm ...

• Hi everyone,   app worked fine for months. As I opened it today it prompted me to log in - which is weird since I didn't actively log out the last time (I never do). Upon entering my correct c...
  • Deynon-gb
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify strategy

Why spotify allows to stream music wireless via air play (from apple devices) but does not allow to play via dlna (android devices)?Spotify requires spotify connect but it does not apply to apple - using apple you do not need spotify connect to use y...

• Why spotify allows to stream music wireless via air play (from apple devices) but does not allow to play via dlna (android devices)? Spotify requires spotify connect but it does not apply to apple -...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Last.FM won't connect/scrobble on GS7

So I've been using Last.FM on both my desktop and phone for a while now but I decided to reinstall Spotify on my phone because I was having issues with something else and now it won't scrobble. I'm logging in with the correct account info but it won'...

• Regular
  • So I've been using Last.FM on both my desktop and phone for a while now but I decided to reinstall Spotify on my phone because I was having issues with something else and now it won't scrobble. I'm l...
  • SuicidalKittens
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How I can test the new interface?

Hi! I wish know, how I can test the new interface and help the Spotify with a Feedback, I am Web Designer. Thanks u.

• Hi! I wish know, how I can test the new interface and help the Spotify with a Feedback, I am Web Designer. Thanks u.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes