Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

equalizer is not persistent

equalizer is not persistent

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Redmi 7A

Operating System

Android 10

My issue:

Equalizer's effect is randomly disappearing either when the track is changed, or rewinded-skipped. The behaviour is entirely random, that equalizer is in action , although sometimes, after restarting the app or the phone but then again, sometimes the issue emerges if i skip a track or change the playlist.

If i click on the "equalizer" in the Spotify settings, the equalizer immediately comes into effect and the previous setting is remembered and equalizer seems turned on.

Solution attempts:

-Have done a clean install (as suggested for several other issues)

-Have tried with MIUI optimizations turned off/on, restarted phone after each settings.

-Have tried with wired/wireless headset.

Haven't experienced this in the earlier Spotify versions on the same phone.

11 Replies

Hey there @ismailkahraman,

Thank you for for your post here in the Community and for the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far. We're happy to help.

Just to confirm, is this the steps you've followed? If so it would be great if you can log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you let us know which version of the app you have?

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi ,i followed those steps and issue still persists.

Equalizer is not in action if i change playlist, or play a song after searching it.

However, unlike before now equalizer works and is not deactivated if i am skipping songs with buttons, instead of selecting a track.

Hey @ismailkahraman

Thanks for getting back in touch and for letting us know that. 

Could you let us know if the issue persists using a different account? We suggest that you ask a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your phone to check that. 

Also, would you mind letting us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi,
I have done fresh install with SD Card several times as well after the recent updates and it still persists.
It doesn't happen in my other phone using the same account.
I have got used to live by that, manually enabling equializer whenever i realize it is not on.
Thanks for the help :). I will update here if any newer software update resolves the matter.

Hey @ismailkahraman,

Thanks for your reply. 

In this case, make sure to disable any cache-clearing apps or settings on your phone, as they might interfere with the app's performance. After doing that, we recommend restarting your phone. 

Keep us posted on how it goes!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have no cache clearing apps, i neither use built in cleaner app of the OS.

last update: it got worse after the latest update, it was slightly better in previous version , at least the equializer was persistent as long as i don't skip songs manually. At the current version it immediately loses the effect when the track changes (even when changed automatically when the track ends)

Hi @ismailkahraman

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Would you mind sending over a video where we can take a better look at this issue?

You could send a link to it or attach it to your next response to us by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. Just make sure to exclude any personal info from it. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, unfortunately i can not recreate the issue through a video. It is only noticable by hearing.
The latest update seems to settle it for now. Equalizer is not resetting when i change songs it is persistent.
However i am not sure if the next update will not mess it up again. I will make sure updating it.
Thanks.

Hi again @ismailkahraman

Thanks for your reply. 

We're glad to hear that things are now working as they should. 

If the issue comes back, let us know and we'll continue with the help. 

Have a good one!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, with the latest update the equalizer is entirely messed up. If i turn it on, the sound quality becomes awful and sound gets croaky.
Also i can't set bass boost or others, looks like integration to built in equalizer is broken.

Update : Equalizer works fine on earphones, issue only occurs when i use built in speaker, which i don't need to use the equalizer.

Also equalizer is now better, it is persistent. Played a few songs in a row, skipped some songs and it stayed in action.

Thanks.

Suggested posts