Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"Something Went Wrong" error appearing

"Something Went Wrong" error appearing

After reinstalling Spotify this morning because I wiped my phone, I've been getting the message "Sorry, something went wrong. That didn't work. Please have another go." pretty much all day. After a few seconds, however, the message disappears and gives me a no connection message, despite me being on WiFi. Is there any solution to this, and if so, how would I go about correcting it?

The methods I've done thus far are: restarting the phone, uninstalling and reinstalling (again), and force stopping the app.

18 Replies

It also happened to me this morning and I've done all the things as well and it didn't help!  

The same happened to me. Erased cache, uninstalled and reinstalled app and still doesn't work. I can play some songs, but when I search something it says I'm offline.

Same here. This is super **bleep**ty.

I downgraded to Version 8.4.42.722 and that solves the issue.

Don't forget to disable play store auto-update. The new release is broken.

I am also in contact with support over Twitter.

As soon as I installed the previous version from the link (which will probably be deleted) they sent me this message:

It seems an unauthorized app was detected. To carry on using Spotify, uninstall the existing app on your device, then download the latest official version from spotify.com/download /BL

The whole **bleep** problem is the latest update is broken. Downgrading fixes it, but they want me to keep using the broken version.

The only version that worked for me is the latest 'Beta' version from the link mentioned above, both the previous and the current doesn't work. The previous version just refuses to let me log in constantly prompting password or username is incorrect, whereas the current version displays 'Something Went Wrong', if you leave it for a few minutes certain play lists appear, you can play songs but then cuts out after a few seconds.

The greatest frustration here is that I just want to file a bug report, but I have to jump through hoops of incompetent support.

"We suggest downloading the official Spotify app, then let us know if you're still getting the same error message /JL"

I contacted them on the official, latest version. Jumped through all the hoops of wiping data, uninstalling, rebooting. When I provide them information that the previous version works for me they ignore it and treat me like an **bleep** instead.

That's appalling, we'll as an interim I know that the Beta version works for me (listening to my playlist as we speak) so give that a go until they pull their fingers outta their **bleep** and address the issue with an update release.

I realized I am using adaway to block trackers and ads. I enabled dns request log and saw spotifS was trying to connect the following address:

http://84.64.199.104.bc.googleusercontent.com

If you use adaway you may want to whitelist *.bc.googleusercontent.com and see if that helps.

I don't have Adblocker installed, but I'm assuming after you've whitelisted it all worked? Which version are you using? the previous or the current?

I might install Adblocker and try whitelisting that and see if it works.

Mate, that's worked you're a legend!

rpbaptist - cheers for the solution! That has been doing my nut in all week.

Edit (16/03): Had to whitelist *.spotify.com as well.

Disabling adaway did the trick as a temporary solution. Cheers.

Spotify, you need to fix this. I've been a fully paying customer since first beta and this support is absolute trash

I was experiencing the same issue, the was app showing it's offline when searching for music. Strangely I could control music playing on other devices and play songs from my playlists.

Disabling AdAway didn't help, but installing Version 8.4.42.722, as rpbaptist suggested, did solve the Offline issues I had.

Also for me, Thank you...

Whitelisting didn't even help, only the version.

Btw: I'm using AdBlocker Reborn

Using Adaway whitelisting works with latest Spotify version. Make sure you whitelist the following:

*.spotify.com

*.bc.googleusercontent.com

Installing adaway and adding those two exceptions to the whitelist did it for me

Suggested posts