Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

songs wont play after i exit the app. its like happening since last week.

songs wont play after i exit the app. its like happening since last week.

Plan

Free

Country

india

Device

Samsung a22

Operating System

Android version 12

My Question or Issue

Like every time I close the app. Songs wont play no more on the playlist and i need to manually select another song to make it work again. please fix this bug.

Screenshot_20221209-193747_Spotify.jpg
12 Replies

help

They've broken something with 8.7.90.544. Downgrading to version 8.7.84.382 fixed it for me. It happens when I get out of my car and back in. 

Family Premium on Samsung Galaxy S21 FE US 5G, Android 13.

The now playing bar disappears after these steps all of the time

1. close the app while playing a playlist
  2. reopen the app and play the same playlist
  3. Wait for one song in the playlist to finish or skip playing it

The next song will not play and the now playing bar will disappear.  This is fixed by playing a different playlist, but often requires a forced restart of the app.  Tried reinstalling, clearing cache and data, signing out, etc.  It seems to have become worse after Android 13/One UI 5 update.

It is DEFINITELY DIFFERENT than the issue as described here.  This has easy, defined, repeatable set of steps.  I could not find any permanent fix.

Hi there @pandazzzzz,

Sorry to hear that you're having such an experience with the app.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling.

Also, make sure that Battery optimization is not enabled for Spotify from the system app settings, as well as that the app is granted all permissions. These settings could be hindering the performance of the app.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Having the same problem after the latest update. Tried a clean install but did not work.

If you play a song or playlist and exit the app and restart the app, the current song will play, but it will not play the next song.

I would need to restart the complete playlist before it would keep playing the next song.

It happens on the phone and on Android auto.

I downgraded to a version from 4-11-2022 and the issue is gone. Seems the latest update that spotify has a bug in it.

Galaxy s21+ android 13

I am having the exact same issue. It's so frustrating and seeing as multiple people have the issue I think it's a bug in the latest updated. I reinstalled at least twice and restarted my phone several times. Tried the Mod's idea(s) and that did not work either. I hope Spotify fixes this soon.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies.

@Metalaz0, we understand you downgrade the Spotify version, but keep in mind all users should only download the app from our official website; this way we can advise adequate alternatives for the inconveniences. We appreciate you sharing your findings with us.

On another note, we'd like to check, is there an external SD card installed on your device? If so, remove it and reinstall the app in the internal memory of your device. Make sure to use the app without inserting the SD card again.

@N3rdyKat, would you mind sharing with us the make/model and OS of the affected device along with the Spotify version you are currently running?

On another note, just to confirm, is there an external SD card installed on your device? If yes, try with what we recommend above to see if you notice any difference.

Folks, it'd be awesome if you could share with us a video recording of the described behavior. You can attach the videos in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload them to YouTube or Google drive and make them public, so we can visualize them.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

@AlejaR I am using an Android, Samsung Galaxy S22+. Running Spotify 8.7.90.544. I do not have an SD card in my phone. The closest I can get to a "public" Drive file on mobile is a link. Here is the video 

I've been having this same issue and it's been driving me crazy. I do not have Android 13 though.

With the latest update the problem hasn't occured for a few days so I think it is fixed.

Hi everyone,

Awesome! We can confirm that our tech folks did recently make some changes backstage, so this should now be fixed - just make sure you're using the latest version of Spotify.

In case you're experiencing this issue on desktop, we have a separate Ongoing issues thread about it here, so make sure to check it out.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts