Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

spotify keeps turning the wifi off on my phone

spotify keeps turning the wifi off on my phone

Plan

Free

Country

Canada

Device

X Power 2

Operating System

Android 7.0 (Nougat)

My Question or Issue

Spotify Mobile keeps turning off the wifi on my phone when the screen turns off for longer than a few seconds. I don't know why it keeps doing this, but I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app to no avail. I've also tried clearing my cache, but that also didn't work, and I've also logged in and out of my account several time. Please help!

5 Replies

Hello @battalion_501!

Sorry for any frustration. Please go ahead and restart your device (Power off your device and back on)

Let me know how this goes 🙂 Have a good day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Spotify doesn't have a function to turn off Wi-Fi, this is highly likely a 3rd party program (usually a battery saver program) that is set to turn off wifi to save battery life.

Also check your battery saving features in settings make sure everything checks out. 

Besides the fact, that although I chose an album and it mostly is not complete or always other bands / albums appear, I face the same problem: Other computers etc stay online, while the mobile phone I listen Spotify on goes offline. Which means, the fault is not on my rooter or whatsoever.

Well, I suggest another option to solve this:

Bye bye Spotify and back to the good old LPs and CD back in the shelf.

There is NEVER a problem with these...

🙂

all this does is temporarily fix the issue. the second i get back on spotify, it disconnects again.

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

As @evo4g63t mentioned previously, Spotify doesn't have the ability to turn the WiFi on or off. The issue you're experiencing is most probably related to a battery/memory optimization app. If you post the brand/model and operating system of your phone we may be able to further navigate you in finding those settings.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts