Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playlist order and Queue order shuffles on PC when using Spotify Connect

Playlist order and Queue order shuffles on PC when using Spotify Connect

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

OnePlus 11 and Windows PC

Operating System

Android 14 and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I listen to Spotify on my phone but I use Spotify Connect on my PC to control it so I can put my phone away. While listening to a playlist, Spotify on my PC will shuffle the order of the songs in the queue. If I look at my phone everything is still in the right order and that's the queue that continues to play, but Spotify on PC will show a different queue order and different playlist order that does not match my phone. The queue will continue to change order on PC after every song.

5 Replies

I've had this issue for a long time across different PC's and different phones. So the issue is not my device and re-installing the app is not going to fix it.

Hey @erikibarra14,

Thanks for reaching out and for sharing all these details 🙂

This could be a device-related issue, but you saying that it has been present on multiple different devices makes me think it isn't one.
Your network might be at fault but judging from the other devices that do work correctly, the network might not be responsible either.

To test if this is account-related, you can ask a friend or relative to use their account to log in to your devices and check if the described errors appear again.
Alternatively, you could also create a new Spotify free account for testing purposes.

And, in addition to that - before doing anything of the abovementioned steps, I'd suggest a few more things we can try in terms of troubleshooting:

• Unplug your router from the power supply, wait for a minute and plug it back in;
  • Check if deleting your cached data on all your devices as described here changes anything.

Keep us posted on how things go! We'll be on the lookout.

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The same issue happens on different networks so it is not a network issue. I also see lots of posts on here from other people reporting similar issues so it's not an account issue.

Please skip past the basic level 1 troubleshooting and actually look into fixing the issue.

Hey again @erikibarra14,

There used to be a known issue about a similar behaviour but it got resolved at the end of 2022.
Since then we haven't been getting consistent reports and we won't be able to report this backstage if we haven't exhausted all other possible causes for what's happening first. That's why it's important to go over the troubleshooting steps, even if they might seem redundant at first glance.

Thanks for understanding 🙂 

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

On the desktop app adding an entire playlist to queue always add it in the "custom" order no matter what kind of "sort by" choise, unlike the mobile app. (Having shuffle enabled in both the playing playlist and selected playlist to queue does not affect it either)

Cleared cache and restarting did nothing, neither did reinstalling the app completely so I assume it's not a feature on the desktop app. But asking in case I'm missing something.

I'm aware that manually hopping into the playlist -> ctrl+A -> add to queue is a way to add all tracks in the playlists sorted order.

I usually listen to one big playlist throughout the day and mixing other playlists into the queue occationally; ultimately it would be really nice with a way to randomize a playlist order completely to queue up, yeah? 

Suggested posts