Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Suggest prople to follow based on music taste

I think a great feature would be if Spotify could suggest people for you to follow based on your music taste or podcasts you listen to. You can then listen to their playlists and vice versa. It should be an optional feature that you can turn on or off. I love it when I find someone with similar music taste to myself and they can introduce me to new artists or songs and vice versa. 

Updated on 2023-09-05

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Influx06

The way that this feature would work is something like this:

You would have the ability to initiate a scan, which would pickup all the devices in your nearby vicinity and their connected Spotify accounts, weighing your taste profile with each of these profiles to give you their taste match the same way that Blends do. A list of these percentages with each individual would show up on your screen (with additionally perhaps the genres you both like as well), and the user would then have the ability to select one of them.

This would then send a request to the respective individual, and should they choose to accept it, it would use location/bluetooth to allow the two individuals to make their way to each other and in effect, discover others with a similar music taste. This would probably work similar to bluetooth pairing in that you would only show up in scans if you had the setting enabled.

Susan_GP
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-08-15

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

yearnforagony

i have been BEGGINGGGGG for this for years!!!!!!! finding mutuals and seeing their playlists/listening activity is one of my favorite things ever but its hard to grow your following list without a specific way to get followers (I use reddit/twt/tiktok) 

I think the option to add friends based on similar genres is amazing but we should also be able to see other people with different music tastes it would make the app so fun

EndoNate

I was thinking something like adding people you know so they can see what you are listening to and vice versa

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-09-05

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

ccdenice

Great idea!