Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Downtime September 29th: Spotify not working across multiple platforms

We've been getting some reports that Spotify is down across platforms. The Support Site looks affected as well. 

We're currently aware of the situation and the relevant teams are working on it.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! 

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Oliwia303

It's new issue for me. English is not my first language, so excuse me for mistakes. I have Spotify premium since December 2022, I never had any problems. But now, home, search, library, my playlists, etc. Takes long time to load. Even though it's like 2 minutes, it's getting annoying since it always took like 5 seconds. What can I do? Any advice? I unisntalled and installed the app again, but still nothing helps. I have Galaxy A51 5G (idk if this information change anything).

wendaspot

I am having the same issue on a PC, beginning today, 9/29/24. I do not have a VPN. I am running the Spotify app on the PC (not via the web). It's possible for me to use my other choices/song lists from the left column in the Spotify app; only the Home page is giving me the error. There have been no changes to my McAfee firewall setup. Nevertheless, I turned off the firewall and restarted Spotify, but the problem persists. Any other ideas?

ShadeShadow
im on a windows 11, i have the free plan, ive had to reinstall the app because it wasnt playing music before, now that ive reinstalled it, it wont let me log in
wendaspot

Update to earlier post: I performed a "clean install" per the instructions and although the updated app allows me to log in and shows my playlists, it doesn't work at all now. Won't play my playlists, nor anything I search for and find. Kind of a bummer to lose all my "liked songs" for this outcome. 

ChaosDevin

PlanFree/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Nothing is playing at all.  I press the play button on anything and nothing happens.

K-thie

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Luxterine

Plan: Premium

Device: Google Pixel 8a

Operating System

Android 14

My Question or Issue

I've been having issues streaming anything besides recently played songs, and songs already downloaded to my Spotify account. Sometimes music just stops playing randomly, but majority of songs in my library are not able to be played.

K-thie

And I pay for premium!

K-thie

Same 

Dylan_Heabel

I just started having this issue this morning. All songs stop after 9-12 seconds played and then won’t play at all after that. Ive powered phone off and then back on, signed in and out. WiFi on and off. Cleared catch and data. Still not working.