Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can't save playlists after editing

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports from iOS users who are unable to save any changes to the track order in their playlists due to the Save button being grayed out. 

Thanks for reporting this, the relevant team are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Also, make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version

• exact Spotify version

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Top Answer
MihailY

Hey folks,

The root cause of this issue has been identified and a fix is on its way. Just make sure to keep your app up to date.

As a temporary workaround, you can update the title or the description of the playlist and the Save button should become available.

Cheers,

Comments
Lulu66
As of today’s update, I can no longer choose save after I edit the order of songs on my playlist. Save is not highlighted anymore in edit mode.
Texaslonestar

Same for me to it’s doing the same thing 

JLBrand

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 12

Operating System
iOS 17

My Question or Issue

Whenever I edit a playlist and re order songs, the save playlist button/ option can’t be clicked on! Therefore I can’t reorder and songs in my playlist!

narmi1

Same. Started today 

MusicThief

Same

Nihuli

Same

anthonycw

…What if you’re not on the free tier? What’s the problem them?

DerekAxelRose

This is happening to me too, and Spotify is on its last leg for me at this point despite I’m now on my 10th year of using Premium through them. First, they took away the ability to add multiples of the same song to a playlist (that was either summer of ‘23 or ‘22), and now this? My only way to get multiple songs into the same playlist is to add whichever song to its own playlist, then add that single track playlist to the ACTUAL playlist I wanted the duplicate of the song on. Before that change, I could add the same song 2, 5, 10 times, without issue. If I have to create work arounds with your app because you changed things? Your app is broken. What’s the sense in why anyone should keep paying for Spotify? Two BASIC music service functions are (A) being able to sequence playlists, and (B) being able to add the same song to a playlist multiple times. If anyone else wants to switch services, yet keep all their Spotify playlists? Already, I had a conversation on here with someone about Deezer, then looked up what that person had to say in 4 different places to see if it was true; moreover, not only does Deezer import all of your Spotify playlists, but it has the same UI that Spotify had back in 2019 before they started ruining Spotify with these idiotic updates. If anyone likes, I can report back after I finish creating my Deezer account, and moving over all of my Spotify playlists. Good riddance to this**bleep**. 

charlieellengeorge

Hi! Apparently, I was able to add a song onto my playlist and I tried sorting it, but I’m unable to save my changes. Can you please fix this? 

Plan

Spotify Free

Version

Version 8.9.82

Device

Apple iPad Air (4th Generation)

Update

iOS 18.1

MihailY
Status changed to: Under investigation

Thanks for reporting this, the relevant team are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Also, make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version

• exact Spotify version

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.