Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs in Play queue are duplicated

Hey folks!

We've received reports that deleting or adding songs in the play queue creates duplicates. This issue only seems to affect the mobile app and playlists with over 50 songs. This is being looked into.

Hi there folks,

We can confirm that this issue should be resolved as long as you're updated to the following app versions:

• Desktop: 1.2.44.329
  • Android: 8.9.66.358
  • iOS: 8.9.66.288

We will be closing this thread as Fixed. If you have any other similar issues, reach out in the Help section and we'd be happy to help you further.

Cheers!

Comments
Matrix17
I noticed today that when I delete songs from my queue in my playlists, whether the playlist is shuffled or not, it will repeat add the songs on the bottom of the queue. For example, let's say I have twenty songs in my playlist and song 1 is playing. If I delete songs 2-4 from my playlist, repeat songs 18-20 will be added to the bottom of the playlist under the original songs 18-20. So, for every song I delete, an additional song up is added to the bottom of the queue. If I have a larger playlist that doesn't show all the songs, say 50 and it only shows up to 20, if I do the same as explained above, only songs 18-20 will be repeated, then the rest of the playlist will play as normal.
ripinthechat

I am having this exact problem, it randomly started occurring a few days ago on the 29th. I don't entirely understand why / how, as it had been working properly for a few days prior after I installed the most recent app update, then suddenly this bug started cropping up.

Assuming this info is useful, I'm running app version 8.9.52.552 on a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G running Android 14

Aleas2

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

Samsung A54

Operating System

Android 14

Hello everyone,

A new problem just appeared as I updated Spotify, although I've had similar issues before.

When deleting songs from the queue, the songs that replace them at the end are copies of the previous end of the queue. If I delete 5 songs in the queue, the 5 last songs of it will be duplicated.

Also, selecting a duplicated song selects all of its copies, and playing one always plays the first copy.

Thank you for your help !

Aleas2

Just to clarify, I did make a clean reinstall of the app and contacted support but so far nothing changed.

Here's what it looks like : 

1000003368.jpg

AlejaR

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

@Matrix17, just to confirm, have you tried some troubleshooting steps to see if this behavior changes? If yes, let us know what you've tried so we can avoid repeating any steps. We recommend you perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device. By doing that, the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure any stored cache is leading to this issue. You can see the steps for a clean reinstall here.

We could not replicate this behavior with the description you kindly provided. In that sense, @ripinthechat, @Matrix17, we'd like to gather some additional info. Please send us:

• A video recording of what's happening on your side. You can attach the videos in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload them to YouTube or Google Drive and make them public, so we can visualize them.
  • Does this happen across all your devices?
  • The exact Spotify version you're running.
  • The make/model and OS of the affected devices.

Keep us in the loop!

ripinthechat

Hi AlejaR,

• I've attached a link to a phone screen recording at the bottom showcasing the issue. As OP described, removing the next 3 songs in the queue will duplicate the bottom 3 songs (though removing 3 songs is not the only way to make this occur, removing any number of songs will cause the same number of songs to duplicate from the bottom). The actions in the screen recording were performed after a clean install of the app, following the steps you linked.
  • This part is a weird one, while using Spotify on my PC on its own this problem does not occur, but when I have Spotify open on my PC and phone at the same time, it will occur plus a slightly different result only on my PC - once the duplicated songs reach the top of the queue, they will stay there after being played (plus ig in this case, a couple of them duplicated again). Clicking the play button on a duplicated song will just play the next non-duplicated song in the queue. This part does not occur on my phone, once the duplicated songs are played they disappear from the queue list. I've attached a screenshot of my PC client showcasing the duplicated songs on the top of the queue.
  • As previously stated (and shown in the screen recording), the Spotify version I have installed on my phone is 8.9.52.552. The version of Spotify installed on my PC is 1.2.40.599.g606b7f29.
  • My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G running Android 14. My PC is running Windows 11.

https://youtube.com/shorts/UOYAsAl-ubQ 

Screenshot 2024-07-03 135415.png

TheNiño33

Currently having the same issue right now. Anytime I remove songs from the queue the removed songs will get back into queue and it will play the same songs. I have uninstalled, cleared cache/data, restart, etc. Nothing has fixed it.

Screenshot_20240703_214245_Spotify.jpg
Matrix17

Apologies for being unable to reply in a short time, but the video shows what is happening on my account. I am running the same Spotify version on a Samsung Galaxy S9. I breifly mentioned it before, but if you skip down to another song further in the queue, there aren't additional duplicate songs created. However, the duplicate songs remain in the queue and will play as normal songs for however many times they are duplicated. I forgot to explain in the intitial post that if you delete songs from the queue again, the songs at the bottom will reduplicate for under the already duplicated songs correlating with the number of songs deleted in the second round of deleting (I hope that makes sense). 

It doesn't seem that the issue is happening on my laptop, however, I don't have Spotify downloaded there, I only use the website when I listen on my laptop, so that may be where the results are different. My laptop is a 2017 Mac book Air. 

iloovesmoothies

Hello,

I've noticed the same issue when I try to remove songs from the playlist queue, the songs will duplicate itself and sometimes can't even be removed. Shuffled or not, it doesn't make any difference. Though, from what I've seen, it only starts duplicating from the tracks in the middle of the queue and so on, so the first maybe 20 or 30 tracks are still working just fine. It popped up yesterday on my Spotify android app and I've tried logging in and out and performed a clean reinstall of the app to fix it, but nothing has been able to solve it yet. I've tested if a few other playlists (ranging from 150 to 3000 songs) had the same problem and they all did. Downloaded or not, they still had the same problem. I've tried using Wi-Fi and Mobile Data and am not using any VPN.

• The device: Samsung Galaxy A51, Android version 13, One UI version 5.1 

• The Spotify app: version 8.9.52.552, spotify premium individual

Hope this can help solve the problem, let me know if you need any more information.

Kubs7pl

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

With the last update which was today I have a problem with queue. When I want to delete a song from queue it's bugging and copy song all the time.

813999e4bd6ac51ef035d0a587fe509e.png