Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Chromecast] Album name shows as "Default Remote Control CAF" when playing as part of Speaker Group

[Chromecast] Album name shows as "Default Remote Control CAF" when playing as part of Speaker Group

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Google Chromecast with Google TV

Operating System

Cast firmware 1.56.275391

My Question or Issue

When "Casting" to a Google Speaker Group containing a Google Chromecast device and also Google Home speakers, the Album Name metadata displayed in the Google Chromecast device (bottom left corner in Ambient Mode) shows "Default Remote Control CAF" as opposed to the actual album name.

Expected Behavior

The correct album name metadata should be displayed on the Cast video device.

• TV
View recent photos.png
3 Replies

Hey @SeanathanVT,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Note that some devices don't have the capability to display the full track metadata coming from Spotify.

It would be great if you can clarify if this is something which started happening recently. Also, is this happening only on this Playlist and only when you cast to the Group?

What you can try is to check whether there are any pending firmware updates and let those install on your devices.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The problem only occurs when casting to the Speaker Group. If I Cast solely to the Google Chromecast with Google TV device, or a regular Google Chromecast device, the album metadata appears as expected (see attached). The album name should appear where that CAF string is in my original message. This may be a limitation of Google's Speaker Group functionality, but I'm not familiar with its API offhand and figured a Spotify dev may know more without diving into the documentation.

Also, all devices in question are on the latest firmware. The issue persists even after a reboot.

It may not matter, but I am initiating the session from iOS (iPhone 12) running Spotify 8.6.82.

Let me know if you need any more information.

View recent photos 2.png

Hi @Marty711,

Thank you for your reply.

Since we haven't seen any other report about this in the Community, this may be caused by your specific setup and we don't know ourselves if this can be fixed from our end. We appreciate you for taking the time to bring this up with us, we'll make sure to pass this feedback to the right team.

For now, it would be best if you keep your devices up to date, so you don't miss any updates. Lastly, we also recommend you folks reach out to Google, so they can look at what's happening from their end too.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts