Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Garmin Spotify - local files not syncing

Garmin Spotify - local files not syncing

Plan

Premium

Country

Slovenia

Device

Garmin Forerunner 645 Music

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I have  playlists that contain both Spotify songs and songs from my local files. The way one can listen songs from local files on mobile devices is to download playlist on a mobile device while having both mobile device and computer with local files on the same WIFI network. When it comes to my phone, that works without any problem.

One of the main reasons why I have decided to buy Garmin Forerunner 645 Music, is to listen to my music (playlists) from the watch without having to take my big Samsung phone with me when I go for a run.

Unfortunately Spotify doesn't sync (download) local files to Garmin, regardless that both Garmin and computer where local files are stored are on the same WIFI network, and Spotify desktop app is open while attempting to download playlist to the Garmin. Only Spotify songs are downloaded.

So, my question is, is it possible to download songs from local files to Garmin or not? If it is, what am I doing wrong?

If it's not possible due to some limitations of the software, please Spotify look into that and make it possible!

1 Reply

Hey there @agathon400

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

Right now it's only possible to sync your local files on a mobile device or a tablet.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback about making them available to download on Garmin watches.

We recommend suggesting it on our Ideas board so that it could get support from other users as well. Take a look at this page to see how to post an Idea.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts