Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to ungroup Sonos speakers

How to ungroup Sonos speakers

I have 2 Sonos speakers and until today, both came up separately as an option to connect from my Android Samsung Galaxy phone.

This morning when using Spotify the 2 speakers have been grouped together, useful at times but if I only want music on one, I'd rather have the option to select the individual speaker, rather than have to  ensure the volume is off on the "unwanted" speaker.

Only recent change is updated to Galaxy UI 6 this morning.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung GalaxyA52,

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

2 Replies

Hey @Prefdavid,

Thanks for reaching out.

Since setting up the speakers and the speaker groups is done in the Sonos app, it's best to reach out to Sonos support for further help with this.

Thanks for understanding.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I understand that Grouping is managed by the Sonos but according to their app you can only Group speakers if there are 3 or more of their devices present and I only have 2.

After a lot of faffing around I have managed to find a way to separate the speakers. By selecting the Group in Spotify it then goes into Sonos app and there is an option to uncheck either of the two speakers. By doing this you get back to having either speaker selectable in Spotify. Whether it is possible to "re-group" them I don't know but I suspect it may be possible.

Suggested posts