Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

New collab release doesn't show on both artist profiles

New collab release doesn't show on both artist profiles

Hello everyone,

As an artist, I do not know where else to post my questions about releases, so I will just try and start here :). Today is release day, and my release is a collaboration that is only showing up on one of both artist's profiles.

I've seen the standard form of music showing up on a wrong profile, but that isn't the case here: it should be where it is, but it should also be somewhere else. 

Can someone help me correct this?

This song only links to artist 'Danheim', yet it is missing on artist 'Cyantist'. You also cannot click on the artist 'Cyantist' below the title, yet it is a hyperlink. It actually only links to the page of 'Danheim'

https://open.spotify.com/track/3V2rLst4UzAvWEOMKeeYZP?si=9c430567e10249f8

Kind regards,

Igor

7 Replies

Hey @Cyantist,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We'd suggest that you get in touch with our team at Spotify for Artists. These folks specialize in queries submitted to Spotify by artists and content creators. They should be able to help you more specifically with the issue you’re addressing. 

You can reach out to them here.    

Hope this helps 🙂 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey, 

I have the same problem as well. So I just released a collaboration single, but the release is just appears on my Spotify account. 

https://open.spotify.com/track/1ZxcgzvL5PFUFToyaJYn8j?si=jUkA0hQCQVGJvIbvZMJJLw 

So, the artist Aldiva Bintang is not attached to the release page, could you help me with that?

Best regards, 

Locky Farrell

Hi there @LockyFarrell,

Thanks for posting in this thread!

In this case, we suggest getting in touch with our Artist Support team, as they have the best tools to help you further. You can contact them by following the steps from @Lyubka, posted earlier in this thread.

We're just a post away if you need anything else.

Cheers!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey, 

I have tried to contact the link, but the release turned out not attached to my artist page and Aldiva Bintang's artist page.

Please, help me with this problem

Best regards, 

Locky

I know the solution. I’ll explain it in detail:

When someone is mentioned only as featuring artist or as a remixer, it will only show up on the “Appears on” section.

But when you are mentioned as main artist it will be visible in your Top10 etc. There are two ways to mention someone as a main artist, on the Album level and on the Track level. When releasing a single via Distrokid it is ONLY possible to mention someone as main artist on the Album level. When releasing a multitrack release it is also possible to mention someone as main artist on a single track level.

Keep in mind that it is not possible to have more than 3 main artists on the Album level. In those cases it becomes a V/A (Various Artists) and it won’t show up on anyone’s page. In the case you have 4 artists working on a track and you want it to show up on all pages, mention 3 artists as main artist on the Album level and mention the fourth one on the Track level. Notice that this is only possible with multitrack releases. 

A workaround for a single to unlock the Track level is just releasing the radio edit of your song as main song and add a second extended version as the second song on the release. This way it is still sort of a single, and you’ll just push the radio edit but then at least you have this Track level main artist section unlocked.

In most cases just a single track release is fine and simply add a main artist on the Album level. It doesn’t hurt anyone, has zero to do with royalties. It just makes sure it’s visible on everyone’s page.

Cheers!

Thanks for the explanation. 

But in this case, my release is not attached to my artists account, and it's a collaboration single, so it should be appear on the both artist page Locky Farrell and Aldiva Bintang. 

I would like to ask help if Spotify can handle this problem, cause this problem only in Spotify. 

Thanks. 

Thanks for this link. I needed it, too!

Suggested posts