Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Podcast: Anchor-to-Spotify Issue

Podcast: Anchor-to-Spotify Issue

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

New Dell Desktop

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

I was hosting my podcast, The Arbitrarium, on Anchor. I used to sign in using my personal account, add new episodes, and they would automatically feature on Spotify, as well. Since Spotify now eradicated Anchor, leaving us with "Spotify for Podcasters," I can no longer sign into my Anchor account (where I would've found my RSS feed link), and Spotify does not recognize that I had a podcast on Anchor since their takeover and is asking me to link with my RSS feed.

Except I was hosting the podcast through Anchor. Now I no longer have access to that account. The podcast is still on Spotify, but I have no way of updating it currently, unless there is some other way to access my RSS feed that I'm not aware of.

My subscribers are going to receive content late due to this problem.

9 Replies

Hey @TheArbitrarium,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

Since this issue could be account-related and we don't have access to user's accounts from the Community, we'd highly recommend contacting our folks in the Podcast support department so they can help you regain access to your podcast and solve any additional questions you may have.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Are the old anchor podcasts at all retrievable? 

How? 

The anchor/Spotify app is logging me in as my Spotify account not my anchor account. I had about 70 hours long episodes. Are they all gone? 

I have the same problem! 
All my podcast despairer from Anchor but not from Spotify. Now when I upload a new podcast to Anchor it's not appear on Spotify. I don't know what happened or what to do!?

Hello! You should have gotten an email from Spotify with a link to transfer your Anchor.fm account to their services. Once you access that link, you’d need to update your previous login (your former Anchor login) to a new login for Spotify. If you have a personal Spotify account, you can use that to host your Spotify podcast. This worked for me well after their stated deadline (May 2024) to make the switch. I hope this helps! 

Same issue here. 2 shows, nearly 200 episodes. People can still see them, but i no longer can add to them. Spotify gave me the new rss feed since the old anchor one wouldnt. Only the new one gets me to a blank page with no episodes or podcast name...its as if i have no shows anymore. Wicked frustrating. Think I may just have to go someplace else and start over now. Yippee. Nearly 500 hours of content that i no longer have access to. Thank you spotify. 

me too did you get this resolved

I'm really sorry everyone is having this issue, but it's nice to know it's not just me! I just started my podcast and have not published anything yet. On my anchor android app I am logged in via my spotify account. I have 2 draft episodes that I want to download and transcribe, then upload again before publishing. I can't download from anchor app so I go to anchor.fm on desktop and am taken to Spotify for Podcasters. I am told I must login via Spotigy account, I do. But then nothing shows up from my anchor account. When I signed up for anchor I went through the process of verifying my email address with my spotify account and it seemed to work fine in the beginning, but now everything has disappeared. So I have an anchor android app that is logged in to my spotify account. And then I have a Spotify for Podcasters account, logged in to the same account as my anchor app, but showing an empty account.
How do I have one account for my podcasts that I can log into and work with on both android and desktop?
And ideally I would prefer to NOT have to lose my recorded drafts in the process.
Anyone with any suggestions?

I just found online chat support and they have helped me step by step. Everything fixed 🙂

Nope 

Suggested posts