Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Connect is not working on my home network

Solved!

Spotify Connect is not working on my home network

Starting about 1-2 weeks ago I could no longer stream music to any of the Spotify Connect endpoints on my home network. My devices include a Windows 10 PC, Android phone, Anthem AV receiver (supports both Connect and Chromecast), and a Raspberry Pi running moOde. I usually run the Spotify client on my PC and connect to the Pi to stream. About two weeks ago I upgraded routers to an Asus ROG GT-AX11000 Pro. As part of that, I had to work with my ISP to update some settings on their end (MAC-binding). Since then, Spotify will no longer connect to any of the Connect endpoints on my network. I've tried from both the phone and the PC, to each other and to the renderers.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Going off of something suggested in this article, I went into the Spotify app on Windows, Settings > Proxy Settings. I switched from "Autodetect settings" to "No proxy." Everything started working again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Some additional details:

Both the Windows PC and the Android device can see the various Connect endpoints through the app. When I try to select one for streaming, the app looks like it's attempting to connect but eventually times out.

On the windows PC I'm running Spotify version 1.213.661.0, installed through Windows Store.

On the Android device I have Spotify version 8.8.42.468.

The Raspberry Pi is running moOde 8.3.3 2023-06-08.

The Anthem AV receiver is an AVM 70.

PC, Pi, and Anthem AV are all wired into the same router, the Android device is on WiFi through the same.

At this point I have tried restarting the Pi, restarting the PC, logging out of Spotify on all, and clearing app caches.

I assume it's some setting/behavior in the router that is different between the old one and this, but I can't find any guidance online or in the router's manual.

Marked as solution

Going off of something suggested in this article, I went into the Spotify app on Windows, Settings > Proxy Settings. I switched from "Autodetect settings" to "No proxy." Everything started working again.

Hey there @rikkedi,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine now and how you've fixed it.

Remember to always keep your app updated, so you don't miss any updates or new features. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Have a good day and stay safe!

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts