Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Connect with Ethernet and Local Files

Spotify Connect with Ethernet and Local Files

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the Spotify App so I have a few questions.

1/ Can I use Spotify to cast to my speakers via Ethernet?

2/ Can I cast Local files via Spotify Connect?

3 Replies

Hi there @Battomango,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Spotify Community!

If your speakers are on the same network as the device you want to cast from, then it should work via Ethernet.

When it comes to local files, you won't be able to cast them on an external device (such as a speaker), since they are not uploaded on it and are only locally present. You can use Spotify Connect to switch between a mobile phone and PC (use one as a remote) if both have the same local files present.

Hope this clears things up.

DessiModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Dessi,

Thanks for your feedback,

1/ I would like to ask: Does Spotify integration in Sonos app work the same as Spotify Connect?

2/ My purpose is to use Spotify to cast Spotify music with local music files to Sonos Amp, is there any way to do it?

Hey @Battomango,

Thanks for your reply.

We'll do our best to answer your questions. So, regarding your first one: the integration consists in the possibility to link both Spotify and Sonos. This action will allow you to cast music from Spotify to your speakers, as well as use voice commands to play content. You can read more about it in this Sonos guide.

With Spotify Connect, you can use one device (such as a mobile device or a computer) to remotely control listening on another, while using most features within the app. The difference here is which app you'd like to use to cast (Sonos or Spotify) as both are different in that sense and offer different features. If you'd like more info regarding the Sonos app, it'd be best if you reach their Customer Support.

Now, regarding your second question: Sonos or Connect enabled speakers need to stream music directly from Spotify's servers and aren't able to do it from your mobile or computer where the local files are stored.

In that sense, if possible for your Sonos devices, we can recommend connecting to the speakers using Bluetooth if you want to play local files.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts