Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Playlist Deletion

Spotify Playlist Deletion

Plan

free

Country

united states of america

Device

iphone 11

Operating System

ios 18

My Question or Issue

ive had this playlist that i thought i had deleted 3 months ago, everytime i log onto my pc, i see that it’s still there and assume it’s a glitch, turns out, it is in fact still there so i get onto my phone and attempt to delete it. i pressed the delete button multiple times, still there. im confused why cant i delete it??

2 Replies

Hi there @cwsi,

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Have you tried deleting it from your PC as well? Note that it may take some time for the playlist to expire after it's been deleted, but as long as it's gone from Your Library, then there's nothing to worry about.

If you're still seeing the playlist on your Home page or Recently played, just keep listening to the stuff you enjoy and it should eventually disappear - the app will replace it with new entries.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Family Premium

Country

US

Device

HP, IOS

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

Hi so I deleted a playlist that I no longer wanted anymore and it is still showing up on my home page and recommended. I would imagine it would be important to note that I was not the original owner of this playlist, it was a public playlist that I made with someone else and they owned it. I did everything: I left the playlist, I hit delete, I removed it from my taste profile, and nothing; it was still there. I logged out and back in, deleted the spotify app and reinstalled it, cleared my cache, and made sure everything was updated, still nothing. I even tried listening to a bunch of other playlists to try to push it out of my recommended and it STILL is in my home screen. Every time I hit delete now it just says "Something went wrong" (note I am now the owner of the playlist so it should delete). Also, I put this under computer problems but it's happening across all of my devices, including my IOS. It is so annoying and I made it with someone who I'm no longer on speaking terms with so I would rather not have the reminder. Any help would be awesome.

Suggested posts