Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify TV App showing blank screen

Spotify TV App showing blank screen

So for the past few months I've seen the Spotify TV App on both my TVs ( One Sony another Samsung ) when opened showing this grey screen. I can't access the app. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Factory reseted both my TVs and then installed the app again but it didn't work. I can connect the tv from the Spotify app and play. The app doesn't also work on my PS5 too.

image.jpg
6 Replies

Hi there @dhurritssheikh,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. We hope you don't mind us moving your post to one of our Help boards, as it fits better here.

You mention having issues with Spotify on two TVs and your PS5. Does the same thing happen on all three devices? Or what happens on each of them? Additionally, how do you see the app on them when you control the music from your mobile device? Could also send a screenshot of that?

On another note, we recommend restarting your router and trying with a different internet connection. A mobile hotspot is usually a convenient way to test this. You can also try logging in with a different account to check if that makes a difference.

Let us know how that goes.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes please move to your Help Board. I've seen to have the same screen on both my Samsung and Sony Tvs. I can't login or switch accounts as whenever I open it keeps showing that screen. I've tried to reinstall and reset the firmware of all the devices still no improvement. I can still connect to Spotify using my Spotify app from mobile. On my PS5 the screen just keeps loading. So far it's the same. It's been over 4-5 months since this issue happened. And I can't even switch accounts to see if this only occurs with my account. 

Hey @dhurritssheikh,

Thanks for your reply.

We've encountered this issue in the past and it seems to be related to the users' internet connection. Can you try a different WiFi or connect your devices to a hotspot on your mobile phone? If you have the option, also try connecting them to your router/modem via cable.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

My Sony Tv and PS5 is connected to a different wifi network and the Samsung TV to a different network. I've tried using the hotspot connection from my smartphone to see if that works and that also didn't work. It just keeps showing the same blank grey screen when opened.

image.jpg

Hey @dhurritssheikh,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the shared info.

We've covered the troubleshooting steps we have available for this type of issue and it seems like an isolated behavior. Although there were a few similar reports a few years ago, we don't have enough recent reports.

We'd also recommend you to have your Spotify app updated, so you don't miss any improvements coming your way. If you know other users experiencing the same issue, invite them to join the thread to get more info about it.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I've tried to keep the app updated at all times. Let me know if you guys can come up with a solution the other ones didn't work. Thank you

Suggested posts