Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

The National are greyed out on my Spotify Premium in Portugal, but my friend CAN play, same region?

Solved!

The National are greyed out on my Spotify Premium in Portugal, but my friend CAN play, same region?

Plan

Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

(iPhone 11

Operating System

(iOS 16

My Question or Issue

I am unable to play the artist "The National" - all their songs are greyed out. My friend also in Portugal, CAN play them on their list. How do I ungrey their tracks? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Jdj4

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Based on what you mentioned, it's possible that you accidentally blocked the artist. 

You can check this by heading to the artist's page on the mobile app and check if you can see this icon: 

If so, you just need to tap on it and you'll be able to listen to the artist's songs. 

If that's not the case, would you mind double-checking in which country your and your friend's account is registered? You can head to your Account page to see this.

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @Jdj4,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you compare the country settings of your account and the account of your friend? Could you also send a link to a few of the songs that a re greyed out so we can check backstage?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

We are both in Portugal 😀

If you can help me understand why I can't listen that would be amazing. All of the songs are grey EXCEPT those that are featuring another artist. But I can't even play the ones that are white. 

Marked as solution

Hey @Jdj4

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Based on what you mentioned, it's possible that you accidentally blocked the artist. 

You can check this by heading to the artist's page on the mobile app and check if you can see this icon: 

If so, you just need to tap on it and you'll be able to listen to the artist's songs. 

If that's not the case, would you mind double-checking in which country your and your friend's account is registered? You can head to your Account page to see this.

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Legend Eni! Thank you. That icon for"do not play this artist" doesn't show, but I tapped on that a few times and followed and unfollowed and miraculously I CAN PLAY THEM. Such PICNIC (Problem in Chair Not in Computer) LOL.  Just in time for the concert on Saturday night. 

Thanks so much legend. 

Suggested posts