Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

lotr audiobook

lotr audiobook

Plan

Premium

Country

England

Device

Google pixel 6a

My Question or Issue

ive been really enjoying listening to the lord of the rings audiobooks narrated by andy serkis, listened to the first one and started two towers yesterday, got about two hours in. but then when I went to play it today it says it's not available in my region? the first and third are still there so I'm really confused. the support chat wasn't helpful, they didn't know why it's not available any longer so I thought I'd see if anyone else did? just weird to me that only one out of three has gone when they're by the same publisher etc

18 Replies

Same issue here, was just about to post. Just bumping the topic and commenting to see updates.

It sounds like a mistake, and a pretty high profile one at that, I'd think. Hopefully fixed soon!

I really hope so! Hopefully if enough people raise the issue it'll get sorted

I'm experiencing the same - I'm literally 6 chapters away from the end. I popped into the shops on my way to work while listing to the audiobook through my car - came out the shop and it would play anymore, saying not available in my region but both the 1st and 3rd are still there. Its so frustrating - I want to continue with the story but I don't want to move onto the new book without finishing TT 

I have the exact same problem. So gutted I was really looking forward to listning to the last few hours of this in the car. But glad it's not just me. I hope it gets sorted soon. Andy Serkis is a legend

Iโ€™ve just been messaging with a customer service agent about this so hopefully will be fixed soon

I've ha the same issue ๐Ÿ˜” also 6 chapters to go so annoying

Likewise halfway through two towers, hope it is fixed soon

No idea whether it will help, but I've reported the issue to Harper Collins UK (the publisher) as well.

Harper Collins replied: "Unfortunately we don't have any influence over the audiobooks once they are given over to Spotify. We would encourage you to contact them." -- oh well, worth a try!

Just an update, I got back in touch with the Spotify support line, telling them what harper collins said and asking if they can forward the issue on to someone higher up as it does seem to be a problem on their end. I got this as a response so hopefully it might get fixed! 

1000039375.png

โ€ƒ

Also had this problem and I'm furious! How much do we pay Spotify for them to make an error like this. So annoying. 

Looks like the issue has now been fixed! 

Back to listening and showed up right away for me

I am also having this issue. Reported to customer service but still can't access. Skyisfallin's comment says it is back up but still haven't resolved here. Please fix this spotify! 

Itโ€™s fixed for me here in the UK. Maybe try opening and closing the Spotify app to see if it resets for you?

Yep, confirmed working for me in UK too. That changed at some point between approx 08:00 and Skyisfallin's comment at 10:00. Hurrah ๐Ÿ™‚

oh yes it's working for me too now, what a relief!

Can confirm this is now fixed. I had to uninstall and reinstall spotify if anyone else is still having problems 

Thank you spotify for fixing and thanks to everyone who reported the same issue! 

This was fixed for me but has now broken again! Same not available in your region error. 

Suggested posts