Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Free audiobook feature for all premium family members

Free audiobook feature for all premium family members

Loving the new free audiobook feature with premium but the rest of my family on my family premium plan would love access to this too. Would love an update where all family premium members have access to this function

15 Replies

Hey there @Laurabox,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community. We moved your post from Ideas to the help boards as its content fits better here. 

At this time, the price point for these plans doesn’t allow for multiple audiobook allocations. We’ll be exploring ways for Family and Duo users to have more flexibility from their audiobooks access in the future.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Keep the same time cap for listening time, but allow both members of a Spotify duo plan to access audio books! 

Absolutely frustrating only the account owner is able to listen to audiobook content. I have not received any understanding as why this isn’t an easy fix to allow all members access.

I absolutely agree with the sentiments expressed here! As the account manager, I should be able to designate an audio book listener. That way we do not exceed a cap, because only one is listening at a time; however, I'm not the only one able to listen.  My daughter is an avid audio book listener.  I rarely listen to them. I know of no reason other than programmer laziness or lack of understanding the customer's needs why this cannot be done.  If there is a reason, please educate me.

Agree with all complaint raised in this thread. The excuse given by Spotify is not good enough. 

I set up an account for my mother specifically because she loves listening to books, really should be at least a choice to maybe have a more expensive plan containing audiobooks for all, or let everyone have an hour each a week or whatever the cap, it doesn't make much sense for the account owner to have the hours for audiobooks

If you’re going to offer something for a family package the whole family needs to access it. Plan and simple very disappointed with this Spotify 

I wouldn't mind paying a little more extra if the other member in my plan would be able to listen to free audiobooks for premium members- all members to the party.

Exactly !!! My mum listens to audiobooks almost 24/7 and I rarely do, however I’m the owner of the family subscription so am the only one that can use the feature. A moderator from Spotify has now responded to my post saying that the price point doesn’t allow for multiple access to audiobooks but I like your idea of having a listening time cap for the meantime until Spotify includes it in the subscription properly …

We shouldn’t be having to pay extra though because not all family members will be wanting to listen to audiobooks. For me, rarely (if at all) listening to audiobooks, compared to my mum listening to them almost 24/7, (and my other 3 family members not wanting to use this feature regularly either) I am the account owner so only I have access, which means this feature is not even being used, when my mum could be enjoying free audiobooks. I would assume it would be quite rare for all premium family members across the board to be listening to audiobooks regularly (also adding some families may not be using this feature at all) so we should not have to pay more, and Spotify’s response of the price point of premium not allowing for multiple audiobooks allocations is not good enough of an excuse. They can definitely do something to fix this without increasing the prices again 

as someone who enjoys learning on the go, I wish Spotify let us listen to audio books as premium users... we are already paying a price why not at least have a pick per week?

Dear Moderator (Novy),

It has been quite a long time since your response. Can you please update the thread group on how all Family Premium members can also have the 15 hours of listening? Also, it will be good to increase this time limit if possible :-). I am not opposed to paying a reasonable increase of fees for these features. 

Thank you.

Just discovered this limitation today. So dumb

As the account manager I would also like to designate who on my plan gets to receive the audiobook listening hours. I don’t need to listen to them. I would like to choose one person on my plan to receive the audiobook listening hours 

Annoyed this hasn't been sorted out yet. The free hours should be cumulative across all users of the premium family account, ridiculous that only the main account holder can access this feature, especially given the cost per month, which continues to rise dramatically. My partner wants to listen to an audiobook on Spotify, I (account holder) don't need this feature, but he does - Spotify want to charge him £17.99 to listen to his book but i can listen to it for free. So silly and easy for Spotify to resolve, yet they won't.

Suggested posts