Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Google Auth stopped working

Solved!

Google Auth stopped working

Plan

Free

Country

Italy

Device

Windows PC / Samsung S23+

Operating System

Windows 11 & Android

My Question or Issue

I used to log in with my Google account and it worked fine till yesterday. Yesterday I noticed that I was disconnected. Tried to log in again with Google and got this error message:
"Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again or check out our help area."

Tried, but with zero hopes, to log in using the google email address (I know it shouldn't work: the whole reason for using Google / Facebook to log in is to avoid having yet another email + password log in) and it didn't work - as expected: in particular, what I tried to do was resetting my password (got this error message: "This email address or username is not linked to a Spotify account".

Ended up creating another account (email / password) using a different email, and tried to connect the new account to my google profile and got yet another generic error (... try again).  As one final attempt, I went to Google Account console and disconnected my google profile from spotify. Same issues as described. Clearly something has happened on Spotify's side.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @alphacharlie, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Sorry to hear about that and thanks for trying those steps to access your account through Google. In this case, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. They'll take a look and do their best to help.

Have a nice day! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @alphacharlie, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Sorry to hear about that and thanks for trying those steps to access your account through Google. In this case, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. They'll take a look and do their best to help.

Have a nice day! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts