Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

No 'Número de seguridad social' to change country to Chile

No 'Número de seguridad social' to change country to Chile

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil (Chilean IP, need change)

Device

All

Operating System

NA

My Question or Issue

I was requested to change country (Brazil --> Chile) because I'm now in Chile. But to update for a Chilean credit card the form asks for the 'Número de seguridad social', which I'm not allowed to have here. So, silly way to make a user to get stuck. How do I solve this to continue to use my account from Chile?

As international employee status I only have Chilean RUT.

5 Replies

Hi there @DNicolazzi,

Thanks for reaching out!

Can you let us know where you're asked to fill out this information and send us a link to this form? Did you receive an email and followed a link from it? Keep in mind that Spotify will never ask for personal information over email, such as your social security number. 

If you really did receive an email, which redirects you to this form, it'd be best to reach out to our Customer Support Team and forward the email to them so that they can have a closer look.

Keep us posted.

DessiModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, thank you for your answer. In fact the form is from the spotify app itself, as seen from the screenshot.

The link from where the image was taken is:

https://www.spotify.com/cl/account/subscription/update-payment-details/?callbackUrl=%2Fcl%2Faccount%...

Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 10.11.49.png

Hey @DNicolazzi,

Thanks for all additional info here!

It looks like country for the Spotify webpage is still set to Brazil in your case. You can change it to Chile by clicking on Change country underneath the Choose your payment method  field during the subscribing process. After it has been changed, the Número de seguridad social field should no longer appear and you can register with your preferred payment method.

image.png

Another option is to change the website's country/region by heading over to this page.

Hope this helps & let us know how you get on!

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi Maria, thank you for the instructions. I'm not sure it worked.

I followed the steps, changing country and adding a credit card from the current country, but when I open the option for updating again just to check if the changes were effective, it shows Brazil again.

I'm not sure if it is a problem showing the update or it was not updated at all.

I'll wait for the next billing date.

Hey @DNicolazzi,

Thanks for your reply.

If you've successfully added the Chilean card, the changes will take effect on your next billing date. You can double check if the country was updated from your account page.

We hope this helps!

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts