Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Google home playing on someone's devices

Google home playing on someone's devices

1. Hi, 

I have a premium account, 2 profiles. I have different Google home devices at home, lately I've sold one of these to a friend of mine, obviously I had deleted my account from it before selling it. Now, from time to time, completely random, when I say "hey google, play some music" it starts on my friend's home device even though it's not connected to it, neither on Google home, Google assistant settings and so on... Also if I check what devices are available to stream music, that one, "bedroom clock" is not there. any idea what this could be? obviously he lives somewhere else and he uses another WiFi... he has Spotify but uses his own account, I found out because a couple days ago I started music here, it didn't work and i was trying to understand what was happening, then he sent me a message saying I was playing Spotify at his place... thanks a lot 

Screenshot_20220718-201810.png
1 Reply

Hey @alezmoroni,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

It seems your account is not properly logged out from the Google Home device, that's currently with your friend.

Could you relay to your friend, that he should try resetting the device to factory settings? This way we can be sure, that any remaining links are removed.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts