Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Music keeps pausing when I leave the screen.

Music keeps pausing when I leave the screen.

Lately my Spotify music keeps pausing like it's buffering every time I leave the app (open on the background) it plays for a few seconds, skips a few times and then just stops until I go back into the app.
5 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

Could you double-check that Spotify has the permissions to run in the background? You should be able to see this in the device settings. It's also a good idea to check the phone's battery settings and make sure that Spotify is set as an exception if you're using any battery optimization options, as these settings may sometimes cause the app to pause.

You can also try clearing cache from the app to see if you notice any difference.

Shouldn't that do the trick, could you let us know what device and OS version you're using, along with the Spotify version?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I did those things and it didnt work; im on IOS and my ROKU TV. My version is 8.9.62.465 

Hey @Nicostring,

Thanks for posting in the thread! We'd love to help, we just need some more info on what's happening from your end.

Does this happen when you're using these devices separately? For example, when you're only listening to Spotify directly on your phone. Or does it happen when you're using both devices together using the Connect feature or when casting?

Also, do you notice any difference when using another network connection? If you're currently using WiFi, you can try with 4G/5G or by creating a Hotspot.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

MariaModerator

I have a similar issue, Spotify version 8.9.70.556 on Android 14. It keeps pausing and skipping back, mostly when I'm using other apps but sometimes just randomly when I'm only using Spotify. I have the issue on both WiFi and 5G, I've cleared cash, background permission is on, I've reinstalled the app and turned my phone off and on again. This has been going on for about two maybe three months. It seems to work fine on my laptop.

Would love to hear if there's a fix I haven't tried.

Kind regards, Eef

Hey @EefDK,

Thanks for joining the conversation & kudos for the troubleshooting you've tired!

Just to make sure we cover all bases, could you double-check the phone's battery settings? This to ensure that Spotify is set as an exception if you're using any battery optimization apps or similar settings.

Some Android devices have their own 'battery settings' tab in settings. Should that be the case for you, try to toggle off the background usage limit to see if you notice any difference.

Should the issue persist, it would be great if you could log in to another account on your phone to see if you experience the same thing there. For example, you can ask a friend or a family member to log in to their own Spotify account on your phone.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

MariaModerator

Suggested posts