Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Onkyo TX 8150 streaming problem.

Onkyo TX 8150 streaming problem.

1. I've been using my Onkyo TX 8150 with spotify Connect for streaming music from my android phone app (premium) for a white now.  Today out of the sudden the streaming does not work. There is proper connection into the device. Its is visible in the app device list.. but when I start streaming there is no sound on the amplifier. The name of the song ia being displayed on the Onkyo display but cannot force it to play. Volume up / down, so as previous and next song steering works fine, and the onkyo display shows song names  correctly. 

Other network services like internet radio works completely fine on this Onkyo (so it's not the wifi problem) meaning the sound is generally working.  Inside the same WIFI network I have visible other devices/speakers and they  work OK with the same phone using Spotify for streaming.  I have done hard reset of  amplifier system in Onkyo but that didn't sove the problem. The FW Im using is the newest available and it's here for some time already.  I've tried reinstall Spotify on my phone but after new setup..problem still exist.  I'm out of the ideas what can be wrong. Today's morning it worked fine and there hasn't been any change in software or setup since then.

Device

Samsung Galaxy s23fe 

Onkyo TX 8150

Screenshot_20240903_201352_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240903_184342_Remote.jpg

Phone Operating System

Android 14

27 Replies

Hi, same problem!

Same problem since last night 

Looks there has been some change made on spotify side maybe with streaming protocols or something.  Can someone from Spotify Support investigate this and  help the Onkyo users to restore the functionality 

Same Problem since today.
Changing DNS also didnt help

Same problem. Tried all options to resolve.

Same problem - I tried everything and nothing works.

exactly the same problem here 

Same problem here since this morning on my TX-NR414 with my Spotify Premium account.

Did a factory reset and FW update but it did not change anything. All works fine except Spotify will not play. You can select the device, it will connect, shows the track info, but no streaming starts. All other devices in the house work 100%. 

I can remember that about 2 years ago I had the same issue, but it resolved itself (I guess Spotify changed something again). In the meantime I used my ChromeCast on my HDMI input to stream Spotify. It works but it expects a screen as well, so it is a bad workaround. 

Exactly!! The same problem in july 2022!! Yes, but how was it resolved at the time again??? And why/how now again???

Same Here with a onkyo txnr646

Following, same issue with tx8150

Gleiches Problem beim Onkyo tx-8150

Getting the same issue. From android, mac laptop and windows pc.

I have 2 spotify connect speakers (phillips sw750m and sw700m)

Both where working on 2nd September. 

Then on 3rd September, The sw700m refused to play music, but was commected as i could change the volume on the speaker and it was updating in app.

Now (4th September) both speakers refuse to play music.

Have tried from both accounts on our Duo plan, restarted everything etc.

I have Onkyo TX-NR646 and using iPhone/iPad. Same problem since yesterday, tested again multiple times today morning, still doesn’t work. 

From Finland

Joonas

Mam ten sam problem/ I have the same problem. From Poland

It started working today! Just out of the blue.

Works again for me as well!! 

yesss, same here, in the Netherlands! No idea why or how, and that is also the scary part, because does this mean it can happen again anytime?? Anyway, for now I'm happy!

Works again (Netherlands) It's like magic...

Suggested posts